Study to Assess Enzastaurin + R-CHOP in Subjects With DLBCL With the Genomic Biomarker DGM1™
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03263026|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 28, 2017
Last Update Posted : July 9, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma||Drug: Enzastaurin Hydrochloride Other: R-CHOP + placebo||Phase 3|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||235 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||
Subjects will be randomly assigned to receive one of the following: R-CHOP plus enzastaurin or R-CHOP plus placebo, during two treatment periods: induction and maintenance. Induction phase: all subjects will receive R-CHOP for up to six, 21-day cycles. Subjects in the enzastaurin arm will receive a 1125 mg loading dose on Day 2 followed by 500 mg daily. Subjects in the placebo arm will take an identical number of tablets.
After 4-<6 cycles of induction therapy treatment assignment will be unblinded. Subjects in the enzastaurin arm who have achieved a response will have the opportunity to continue in the single-agent, maintenance phase of the study, and will receive single-agent enzastaurin at 500 mg/day for up to 2 years. Eligible subjects must begin the maintenance phase of the study within 6 weeks of completing induction therapy.
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator)|
|Masking Description:||Denovo Biopharma, the study Sponsor, will also be blinded.|
|Official Title:||A Randomized Phase 3 Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Enzastaurin Plus R-CHOP Versus R-CHOP in Treatment-Naive Subjects With High-Risk Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Who Possess the Novel Genomic Biomarker DGM1™|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 20, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2021|
Active Comparator: R-CHOP + enzastaurin hydrochloride
Subjects in the R-CHOP + enzastaurin Arm will receive R-CHOP (Rituximab-375 mg/m2 i.v., Cyclophosphamide-750 mg/m2 i.v., Doxorubicin-50 mg/m2 i.v., Vincristine-1.4 mg/m2 i.v. (2 mg max), and Prednisone-100 mg p.o.), as directed, plus a 1125 mg loading dose of enzastaurin on Day 2 followed by 500 mg daily.
Drug: Enzastaurin Hydrochloride
R-CHOP + Enzastaurin (Kinenza®) 125 mg
Other Name: Kinenza®
Placebo Comparator: R-CHOP + placebo
Subjects in the R-CHOP + placebo Arm will receive R-CHOP (Rituximab-375 mg/m2 i.v., Cyclophosphamide-750 mg/m2 i.v., Doxorubicin-50 mg/m2 i.v., Vincristine-1.4 mg/m2 i.v. (2 mg max), and Prednisone-100 mg p.o.), as directed, plus an identical number of tablets as the subjects in the enzastaurin Arm.
Other: R-CHOP + placebo
R-CHOP + placebo
Other Name: Placebo
- Overall survival in subjects who possess the DGM1™ biomarker [ Time Frame: 3.5 years ]The primary objective of this study is to compare the effect of R-CHOP/enzastaurin versus R-CHOP alone on overall survival in treatment naive, high-risk subjects with DLBCL who possess the DGM1™ biomarker.
- Overall survival in subjects who do not possess the DGM1™ biomarker [ Time Frame: 3.5 years ]A secondary objective of this study is to compare the effect of R-CHOP/enzastaurin versus R-CHOP alone on overall survival in treatment naive, high-risk subjects with DLBCL who do not possess the DGM1™ biomarker.
- Safety of enzastaurin by assessing incidence of adverse events/serious adverse events, change of vital signs, ECG results, lab results, and physical exam findings from baseline [ Time Frame: 3.5 years ]
The safety analysis will include the following:
- Summary of extent of exposure
- Summary of the number of blood transfusions required
- Summary of adverse events, serious adverse events, and subjects discontinuing for adverse events rates
- Summary of laboratory findings and change from baseline
- Summary of QTc data and change from baseline according to ICH E14
- Summary of other relevant safety observations
- Listings of laboratory and non-laboratory adverse events by maximum CTCAE grade and relationship to study drug using CTCAE v4.03
- Presence of chromaturia as a predictor of efficacy [ Time Frame: 3.5 years ]Urine color will be analyzed by the central lab and overall survival will be determined for subjects with reddish discoloration of the urine. Testing may be performed to define the chemical profile of the urine.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03263026
|Contact: Ron Shazer, MD||1.858.799.1021 ext email@example.com|
|Contact: Curtis Reinard||(800) 279-8082 ext 484-679-2546||Curtis.Reinard@chiltern.com|
Show 39 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Ron Shazer, MD||Denovo BioPharma|