Alterations of Muscle Secretome Associated With Muscle Atrophy Caused by Glucocorticoids (MYOSECRET)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03229395|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 25, 2017
Last Update Posted : July 25, 2017
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||35 participants|
|Official Title:||Alterations of Muscle Secretome Associated With Muscle Atrophy Caused by Glucocorticoids|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 2, 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 13, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 18, 2017|
patients with Cushing's syndrome
Patients were selected by the PI at the diagnosis.
Selected patients are matched for age and sex.
- Measurement of BMI in kg/m^2 [ Time Frame: 1 day (one assessment at diagnosis) ]Measurement of weight in kilograms and height in meters to determine BMI as BMI=weight/height^2
- Evaluation of quality of life of Cushing's patients [ Time Frame: 1 day (one assessment at diagnosis) ]The CushingQoL questionnaire was used to evaluate quality of life of Cushing's patients
- Measure of body lean mass of Cushing's and control patients [ Time Frame: 1 day (one assessment at diagnosis) ]Bioelectrical Impedance Vector Analysis (BIA) was used for evaluation of lean and fat mass.
- Muscle strenght measurement of Cushing's and control patients [ Time Frame: 1 day (one assessment at diagnosis) ]Evalutation by dynamometer "Jamar type"
- Measurement of Mid-arm muscle circumference (MAMC, cm) [ Time Frame: 1 day (one assessment at diagnosis) ]
Measurement of triceps skinfold thickness (TSF, in cm), and midarm circumference (MAC, in cm) to determine the MAMC according to the following formula: MAMC= MAC - (Pi x TSF).
MAMC is a bedside anthropometric measurement that estimates somatic protein reserve, an early indicator of nutritional depletion.
- Evaluation of daily energy expenditure (DEE) of Cushing's and control patients [ Time Frame: 1 day (one assessment at diagnosis) ]Evaluation of DEE by completing the QAPSE questionnaire.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03229395
|De Barsy Marie|
|Brussels, Belgium, 1200|
|Study Chair:||Marie De Barsy, Nurse||Cliniques Universitaires St Luc|