Study of myMS in Participants With a Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03111394|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 12, 2017
Last Update Posted : February 9, 2018
|Condition or disease|
This is a pilot study evaluating the feasibility of a mobile application "myMS™" to collect active clinical tasks (questionnaires, 6Mapp™, COGapp™, VISapp™), magnetic resonance imaging information and conduct genome-wide association studies in subjects with multiple sclerosis. Participants will be self-referred to this study from different sources; patient advocacy groups, social media tools, clinicaltrials.gov, and flyers.
Specific aims of this pilot study are:
- To determine the feasibility and work flow in prospectively collecting surveys, clinical tasks, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) information for up to 200 self-referred adult MS participants, using mobile app myMS™.
- To determine the feasibility of using interface between myMS™ and 23andMe® DNA Kits and 23andme password protected mobile app platform (GSR Dashboard) in collecting one biological (saliva) sample and distributing the genetic result (using commercially available results only, distributed by 23andme®), for up to 200 self-referred adult MS participants. This aim is for testing the system interface only. 23andme® has their own independent consent form and IRB coverage for their commercial product.
- To estimate the percentage of registered participants that will meet eligibility criteria for MS.
- To estimate the percentage of participants that a) complete all clinical tasks; b) complete all surveys; c) provide genetic information; and d) provide MRI scans.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||200 participants|
|Official Title:||A Pilot Study Evaluating the Feasibility of A Mobile Application to Collect Clinical, Magnetic Resonance Imaging Information and Genetic Data in Participants With Multiple Sclerosis|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 17, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2018|
- Participants willing to provide genetic and MRI data via myMS [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Proportion of participants with both genetic and MRI data available
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03111394
|Contact: Santi Decuntoemail@example.com|
|United States, California|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90033|
|Contact: Santi Decunto 323-442-3013 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Daniel Pelletier, M.D.||Keck School of Medicine of USC, University of Southern California|