A Phase 2 Multicenter Study of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in Subjects With Relapsed/Refractory Indolent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (ZUMA-5)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03105336|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : April 7, 2017
Last Update Posted : August 5, 2021
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Follicular Lymphoma Marginal Zone Lymphoma Indolent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma||Biological: axicabtagene ciloleucel Drug: Cyclophosphamide Drug: Fludarabine||Phase 2|
This study will enroll approximately 160 adult subjects who have relapsed or refractory (r/r) iNHL to be infused with the study treatment, axicabtagene ciloleucel, to see if their disease responds to this experimental product and if this product is safe. Axicabtagene ciloleucel is made from the subjects own white blood cells which are genetically modified and grown to fight cancer. An objective response rate of 70% is targeted.
All enrolled subjects will be screened for eligibility then will undergo leukapheresis to collect white blood cells for manufacturing. In preparation for the infusion with axicabtagene ciloleucel, subjects will undergo conditioning chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide and fludarabine for 3 days to help the study treatment be effective. After the product is manufactured and conditioning chemotherapy period is complete, subjects will be infused with axicabtagene ciloleucel and then monitored in a hospital for a minimum of 7 days. Subjects will be followed by their study doctor for continued monitoring of the safety and effectiveness of the study treatment for approximately 3 months after receiving treatment and then will be followed for safety for up to an additional 15 years.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||158 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 2 Multicenter Study of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in Subjects With Relapsed/Refractory Indolent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (iNHL)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 20, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 2022|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 2037|
|Experimental: axicabtagene ciloleucel||
Biological: axicabtagene ciloleucel
A conditioning chemotherapy regiment of fludarabine and cyclophosphamide will be administered followed by a single infusion of CAR transduced autologous T cells administered intravenously.
Other Name: Yescarta®
- Objective response rate per central read [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]Complete response (CR) + partial response (PR) per the Lugano Classiciation (Cheson et al, 2014).
- CR Rate per central read [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]CRR is defined as the incidence of CR as best response to treatment by the Lugano Classification (Cheson et al, 2014)
- DOR [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]DOR is defined only for subjects who experience an objective response and is the time from the first objective response to disease progression per (Cheson et al, 2014) or disease-related death, whichever comes first.
- PFS [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]PFS is defined as the time from the axicabtagene ciloleucel infusion date to the date of disease progression per (Cheson et al, 2014) or death from any cause.
- Percentage of Participants Experiencing Treatment-Emergent Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Up to 2 years ]
- Overall Survival (OS) [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]OS is defined as the time from KTE-C19 infusion to the date of death.
- Levels of anti-CD19 CAR T cells in blood [ Time Frame: At enrollment, Day 7, Week 2, Week 4, Month 3, Month 6, Month 12, Month 18, Month 24, annually up to year 5. ]
- Levels of cytokines in serum [ Time Frame: At enrollment, prior to axicabtagene ciloleucel infusion on Day 0, Day 3, Day 7, Week 2, Week 4 ]
- Percentage of Participants experiencing anti-axicabtagene ciloleucel antibodies [ Time Frame: At enrollment, Week 4, Month 3, every 3 months up to Month 12 ]
- Percentage of Participants Experiencing clinically significant changes in lab values [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]
- Time to next Therapy [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]Time from axi-cel infusion date to the start of the subsequent new lymphoma therapy or death from any cause.
- Objective response rate among participants with 3 or more lines of prior therapy [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]Complete response (CR) + partial response (PR) per the Lugano Classiciation (Cheson et al, 2014) for participants with 3 or more lines of prior therapy.
- Complete response rate among those participants with 3 or more lines of prior therapy [ Time Frame: Up to 15 years ]Complete response rate is defined as the incidence of CR as best response to treatment by the Lugano Classification (Cheson et al, 2014) for participants with 3 or more lines of prior therapy.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03105336
|Study Director:||Kite Study Director||Kite, A Gilead Company|