CArdioSurgEry Atrial Fibrillation Register (CASE-AF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03091452|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 27, 2017
Last Update Posted : September 6, 2018
|Condition or disease|
CASE AF aims to describe the reality of medical care of patients in whom atrial fibrillation is treated by cardiac surgical ablation. In particular, the following questions should be answered:
- Indication: Which are the different indications for cardiac surgical ablation in patients with atrial fibrillation?
- How often and in which patients the different concepts of surgery and ablation procedures are used? At the same time, how often an intervention at the left atrial appendage is carried out?
- Safety: How secure is the cardiac surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation (periprocedural, during hospital stay and during the long-term follow up)?
- Effectiveness: How effectively is the cardiac surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation (procedural success)? How often are AF recurrences in the long-term follow up?
- What is the concommitant medical treatment after surgical ablation?
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||12 Months|
|Official Title:||CArdioSurgEry Atrial Fibrillation Register - CASE-AF Register|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||February 2020|
- Number of major bleeding events [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Documentation of procedural results and clinical short-and long-term results of the documented therapies
- Number of major adverse cardiac events [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Documentation of procedural results and clinical short-and long-term results of the documented therapies
- Complications during hospital stay [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Documentation of hospital mortality, nonfatal major complications
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03091452
|Contact: Alexandra Piotrowskifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Munchen, Bayern, Germany, 81925|
|Contact: Edgar Eszlari, MD|
|Bad Rothenfelde, NRW, Germany, 49214|
|Contact: Jürgen Ackemann, MD|
|Asklepios Harburg||Not yet recruiting|
|Hamburg, Germany, 21075|
|Contact: Thorsten Hanke, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Thorsten Hanke, MD||Asklepios Hamburg Harburg|