POWERMOM, A Healthy Pregnancy Research Community
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03085875|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 21, 2017
Last Update Posted : December 3, 2021
|Condition or disease|
|Pregnancy Related Weight Change, Body Health Problems in Pregnancy Behavior|
- Eligibility determined, Individuals enrolled and consented to join study
- Short Intake Survey (demographic and baseline health information collected)
- Health History Survey (two days after participant enrolls in the study)
- Survey questions about current health and medical history will be sent to participants weekly. If participants had a prenatal visit during the week, a few additional questions will be asked.
- Twins / Multiples survey will begin appearing when a participant indicates they are having more than one baby
- Participants can submit home measurements of, weight and blood pressure as frequently as they want through HealthKit.
- Pregnancy outcome variables. (Miscarriage, stillbirth, birth of healthy baby, or pregnancy ended) will also be asked weekly.
- If the baby is born, questions about labor and delivery, as well as weight, size and birth date of the baby will be asked. A reminder to fill out the outcome survey will be given 4 weeks after a user's due date.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100000 participants|
|Official Title:||POWERMOM, A Healthy Pregnancy Research Community|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 16, 2017|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 13, 2027|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 31, 2027|
- Improve our understanding of healthy pregnancy weight gain for all women. [ Time Frame: Up to 46 weeks. ]Weight (lbs.) will be collected using surveys and measured with home and medical office scales.
- Improve our understanding of how different factors impact pregnancy complications. [ Time Frame: Up to 46 weeks. ]Pregnancy complications will be collected using surveys.
- Improve our understanding how different factors impact the birth of the baby. [ Time Frame: Up to 46 weeks. ]Birth outcomes will be collected using surveys.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03085875
|Contact: Lase Ajayi, MD||(858) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Lauren M Ariniello, BSemail@example.com|
|United States, California|
|Scripps Research Translational Institute||Recruiting|
|La Jolla, California, United States, 92037|
|Contact: Gail Ebner 858-554-5717 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Lauren Ariniello email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Steven R. Steinhubl|
|Principal Investigator:||Lase Ajayi, MD||The Scripps Research Institute|