Oxygenation of Paravertebral Muscles During Exercise in Chronic Low Back Pain Patients (OXYLOM)
The study evaluate paraspinal aerobic metabolism of chronic low back pain patients and healthy people during an original and standardized isokinetic protocol.
The aim of this study is to determine a potential alteration of muscular aerobic metabolism in low back pain patients, in order to establish the underlying cause of pain and muscular fatigability characterizing low back pain patients. Then, the aim is to determine if functional rehabilitation program can improve it.
the unit of care have access to metabolic adaptations in measuring the muscular oxygenation and the pulmonary oxygen consumption, using near infrared spectroscopy and gas analyser.
|Low Back Pain Rehabilitation Program Muscular Weakness||Other: Physical rehabilitation program|
|Study Design:||Allocation: Non-Randomized
Intervention Model: Factorial Assignment
Masking: No masking
Primary Purpose: Basic Science
|Official Title:||Oxygenation of Paravertebral Muscles During Exercise in Chronic Low Back Pain Patients|
- Deoxyhemoglobin [ Time Frame: 20 minutes ]Expressed in arbitrary unit, at rest and during the isokinetic exercises (2 exercises of 5 minutes)
- Oxygen consumption [ Time Frame: 20 minutes ]Measured in mL/min/kg, at rest and during the isokinetic exercises (2 exercises of 5 minutes)
- Work rate [ Time Frame: 10 minutes ]Total work measured by the dynamometer in Joules during each exercises
- Rate of perceived exertion [ Time Frame: 10 minutes ]Bases on the Borg's Scale, evaluating the perceived exertion on a scale from 6 to 20
- Pain [ Time Frame: 10 minutes ]Bases on a visual analogic scale evaluating the pain on a scale from 0 to 10
- Muscular blood volume [ Time Frame: 20 minutes ]Expressed in arbitrary unit, at rest and during the isokinetic exercises (2 exercises of 5 minutes)
|Actual Study Start Date:||January 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||December 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||December 2019 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: Low back pain patients
Subjects included in physical rehabilitation program.
Other: Physical rehabilitation program
Patients participate during 4 weeks to a physical rehabilitation program.
No Intervention: Control subjects
No intervention administered
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT03055182
|Contact: Andre Thevenon, MD,PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hôpital Swyngedhauw, CHRU||Recruiting|
|Principal Investigator: André Thevenon, MD,PhD|
|Principal Investigator:||André Thevenon, MD, PhD||University Hospital, Lille|