Epidemiological Study of Inflammatory Myopathies in a French Region (PREMIA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02881450|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 29, 2016
Last Update Posted : August 29, 2016
|Condition or disease|
Inflammatory myopathies (MIs) are a group of muscle diseases with a significant heterogeneity, clinical, immunological and prognosis.
The old classifications, still currently used, highlight this heterogeneity. Therefore Troyanov and coll. and Hoogendijk and coll. have each recently proposed a classification based on clinical and serological - and immuno- histological examination.
The pathogenesis and prognosis of MIs is very different depending on the entity in question.
Knowledge of the descriptive epidemiology of MIs is very limited. In fact no epidemiological work using criteria consensual classification is actually started.
We propose an epidemiological study of MIs. The main objective of the study is to determine the prevalence of MIs in Alsace at 1stJanuary 2012 by means of a "capture- recapture" study using several independent sources of case identification. The secondary objectives of the study are:
- estimating the geographical distribution of the disease in the Alsace region and / or Auvergne
- demographic description of patients : age, sex, residence , occupation
- description of the disease: patient age at diagnosis, disease classification , main clinical manifestations and complications
- Identification of paraneoplastic forms will be for the Alsace region by crossing with Alsatian cancer registries. These records will be interviewed to identify cases of MIs associated with cancers.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||117 participants|
|Official Title:||Prevalence of Inflammatory Myopathies in Alsace|
|Study Start Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2013|
- Estimate the prevalence of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies in Alsace. [ Time Frame: Prevalence of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies in Alsace at 1st January 2012 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02881450
|Principal Investigator:||Jean SIBILIA, MD||University Hospital, Strasbourg, France|