Comparison of Two Exercise Programmes in Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02832440|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 14, 2016
Last Update Posted : April 5, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|End Stage Renal Disease||Other: Exercise programmes|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Comparison of Intradialytic Versus Home-based Programmes on Adherence and Strength of Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease Patients|
|Study Start Date :||September 2014|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2016|
|Study Completion Date :||January 2017|
Exercise during hemodialysis
|Other: Exercise programmes|
Exercise at home
|Other: Exercise programmes|
- Change from Baseline Short Physical Performance Battery at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]Assess lower extremity, which includes objective performance-based measure of balance (side-by-side, semi-tandem and tandem), endurance (4m gait speed) and strength (five chair stands). Each component was scored from 0 to 4 and when summed yielded Short Physical Performance Battery scores between 0 (poor) and 12 (best).
- Change from Baseline One leg standing test at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]Consist in maintain one leg stance for as long as possible. The test was considered normal if the one leg standing time reached 45 seconds.
- Change from Baseline Timed Up and Go test at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]To stand up from a standard arms chair, walk 3 meters, turn back the cone walk back and sit down to the chair. The time in seconds is record.
- Change from Baseline Sit to stand to sit 10 and 60 at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]For the Sit To Stand 10 participant has to stand up and sit down 10 times and the time needed is record; while for the Sit to stand to sit 60 the participant consist in measures how many repetition the participant can to stand up and sit down during 60 seconds
- Change from Baseline One leg heel rise at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]It measures the strength in the triceps surae in the one leg standing position and has to rise the heel. It measures how many repetitions the participants is can do
- Change from Baseline Handgrip Strength at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]To measure the amount of strength developed by each hand in kg
- Change from Baseline Six minutes walking test at 4 months [ Time Frame: At the beginning and after 4 months ]To walk the longest distance possible in 6 minutes by walking continuously the 20 or 30 metres indicated on the floor. It measures the distance in meters
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02832440
|Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera|
|Moncada, Valencia, Spain, 46113|
|Principal Investigator:||Eva Segura Ortí||Lecturer in the Cardenal Herrera University|