Urine Pregnancy Test Compared to Transvaginal Ultrasound (CHECK-TOP). (CHECK-TOP)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02792556|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified August 2018 by Hospices Civils de Lyon.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : June 7, 2016
Last Update Posted : August 9, 2018
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
According to a study of the DREES (Direction de la Recherche, des Etudes, de l'Evaluation et des Statistiques), in 2013, nearly 229 000 abortions were performed in France, an increasing number.
The success rate of drug abortion before 49 days of amenorrhea, defined by the National Health Autority as a complete abortion not requiring surgery, varies from 92 to 98% depending on the pregnancy term and the dose used.
The control visit is performed between the 14th day and the 21th day post abortion. Its role is to monitor the effectiveness of the method, to verify absence of complication and to better adapt contraception to prevent another unwanted pregnancy. The choice of the method is left to the physician's discretion: β-HCG dosage, pelvic or transvaginal ultrasound.
In the Orthogenic Departement of the Croix-Rousse Hospital Lyon, France, the method performed during the control visit is transvaginal ultrasound.
To simplify the monitoring of drug abortion, a urine pregnancy test would be an attractive alternative to transvaginal ultrasound: simplicity of use, speed, ease of interpretation and low cost.
The main objective of this study is to evaluate the diagnostic value of urine pregnancy test CHECK TOP compared to transvaginal ultrasound in monitoring the outcome of drug abortion during the control visit.
This is a monocentric observational study.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Drug Abortion||Device: Urine pregnancy test|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Urine Pregnancy Test, CHECK TOP Test, Compared to Transvaginal Ultrasound During Control Visit Post Drug Abortion (CHECK-TOP).|
|Study Start Date :||September 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2018|
patient having a drug abortion
Urine pregnancy test for adult women having a drug abortion until 8 weeks of amenorrhea, presenting to the control visit between the 14th and 21th day after drug intake.
Device: Urine pregnancy test
Urine pregnancy test Check Top after transvaginal ultrasound
- Negative predictive value of urine pregnancy test CHECK TOP [ Time Frame: During control visit post drug abortion, after transvaginal ultrasound (at day14 or day21) ]
Negative predictive value of urine pregnancy test CHECK TOP taking as reference transvaginal ultrasound.
A negative result at transvaginal ultrasound will be defined as the absence of ongoing pregnancy. An ongoing pregnancy is characterized by the presence of gestational sac, yolk sac and/or embryo with cardiac activity. A positive result will be retained only in case of ongoing pregnancy.
Check Top test will be considered as negative if only one colored line appears in the control window, without any line in the result window. It will be considered as positive if two colored lines are present in the result window, corresponding to a β-HCG level > 1000 IU/ml.
- Positive predictive value of urine pregnancy test Check Top [ Time Frame: During control visit post drug abortion, after transvaginal ultrasound (at day14 or day21) ]Positive predictive value of urine pregnancy test Check Top compared to transvaginal ultrasound.
- Sensibility of urine pregnancy test Check Top [ Time Frame: During control visit post drug abortion, after transvaginal ultrasound (at day14 or day21) ]Sensibility of urine pregnancy test Check Top compared to transvaginal ultrasound.
- Specificity of urine pregnancy test Check Top [ Time Frame: During control visit post drug abortion, after transvaginal ultrasound (at day14 or day21) ]Specificity of urine pregnancy test Check Top compared to transvaginal ultrasound.
- Acceptability of urine pregnancy test Check Top by patients. [ Time Frame: During control visit post drug abortion, after transvaginal ultrasound (at day14 or day21) ]Questionnaire
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||Female|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
|Sampling Method:||Non-Probability Sample|
- Women ≥18 years of age
- Undergoing drug abortion in Orthogenic Departement, Croix-Rousse Hospital, Lyon
- Intrauterine pregnancy, single or multiple, until 8 weeks of amenorrhea
- Agreeing to participate in the study after receiving information note
- Affiliated to a social security system
- Not subject to a measure of legal protection
- Women <18 years
- Ineligible patient to drug abortion
- Patient practicing a surgical abortion
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02792556
|Contact: Corine REBELLE, MD||+33 4 72 07 16 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Mahé RAFFIN||+33 email@example.com|
|Hospices Civils de Lyon - Hôpital de la Croix Rousse||Recruiting|
|Lyon, France, 69004|
|Contact: Corinne REBELLE +33 4 72 07 16 63 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Responsible Party:||Hospices Civils de Lyon|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||June 7, 2016 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||August 9, 2018|
|Last Verified:||August 2018|
urine pregnancy test
negative predictive value
check Top test