Advanced MR Imaging in Sarcoma Patients
We intend to investigate the clinical application of two emerging imaging modalities for which the technical capability is currently in place at Mayo Clinic. The treatment of Ewing Sarcoma (ES), Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) and soft tissue sarcoma (STS) patients on this study will involve multi-disciplinary contributions from nationally recognized sarcoma experts in Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatric Oncology, Medical Oncology and Pathology.
Patients will undergo additional magnetic resonance (MR) imaging at the same time as the standard imaging.
The ability to compare several imaging modalities within a single cohort of patients maximizes the potential of the study to impact the future management of sarcoma patients. The collaborative nature of this study, with essential contributions from many departments will undoubtedly improve the coordinated care of sarcoma patients and naturally disseminate the advanced imaging experience that is acquired.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||A Pilot Study of the Utility of Perfusion MRI and MR Elastography for Surgical Planning, Radiotherapy Target Delineation, and Treatment Response Evaluation in Newly Diagnosed Ewing Sarcoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Patients|
- Establish correlation between perfusion Magnetic Resonance imaging (MRI), 18F-flourodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) PET activity, MRI contrast enhancement, Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE) [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- Establish correlation between pathologic response for ES, RMS and STS [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- Establish a correlation between change in perfusion and tissue stiffness with event-free survival. [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- Establish a correlation between change in perfusion and tissue stiffness with overall survival. [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- Establish a correlation between change in perfusion and tissue stiffness with local control. [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
|Study Start Date:||March 2016|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||January 2021|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||January 2021 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT02705391
|Contact: Clinical Trials Referral Office||855-776-0015|
|United States, Minnesota|
|Rochester, Minnesota, United States, 55905|
|Contact: Clinical Trials Referral Office 855-776-0015|
|Principal Investigator:||Deanna Pafundi, Ph D||Mayo Clinic|