Deep Brain Stimulation of Nucleus Accumbens to Treat Severe Anorexia Nervosa
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02593695|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified November 2015 by Guodong Gao, Tang-Du Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : November 2, 2015
Last Update Posted : November 10, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Anorexia Nervosa||Procedure: Deep brain stimulation Other: Fluoxetine||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||10 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Deep Brain Stimulation of Nucleus Accumbens as a New Treatment to Treat Severe Anorexia Nervosa|
|Study Start Date :||October 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2017|
Experimental: Deep Brain Stimulation
Continuous deep brain stimulation of bilateral nucleus accumbens
Procedure: Deep brain stimulation
Deep brain stimulation of bilateral nucleus accumbens
Other Name: DBS
Active Comparator: Standard Control
Fluoxetine is one of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRIs).
- BMI [ Time Frame: 6 month ]
- weight [ Time Frame: 6 month ]
- Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale [ Time Frame: 6 month ]Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale(Y-BOCS) is used to evaluate obsessive compulsive symptom.
- Self-Rating Depression Scale [ Time Frame: 6 month ]Self-Rating Depression Scale(SDS) is used to evaluate depression symptom.
- The Symptom Checklist-90 [ Time Frame: 6 month ]The Symptom Checklist-90(SCL-90) is used to evaluate general status.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02593695
|Department of neurosurgery, Tangdu Hospital|
|Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, 710038|
|Principal Investigator:||Guo-dong Gao, M.D.||Department of neurosurgery, Tangdu Hospital|