Study Evaluating Intepirdine (RVT-101) in Subjects With Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Disease on Donepezil: MINDSET Study
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02585934|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 26, 2015
Results First Posted : December 5, 2018
Last Update Posted : December 5, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Alzheimer's Disease||Drug: RVT-101 Drug: Placebo||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||1315 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 3, Double-blind, Randomized Study of RVT-101 Versus Placebo When Added to Existing Stable Donepezil Treatment in Subjects With Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Disease|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2017|
RVT-101 adjunct to 5 mg or 10 mg donepezil
once daily, oral, 35 mg tablets
Placebo Comparator: Placebo
Placebo adjunct to 5 mg or 10 mg donepezil
once daily, oral, pill manufactured to match RVT-101 35 mg tablet
- Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale - Cognitive Subscale 11 Items (ADAS-Cog-11) Score Change From Baseline to Week 24 [ Time Frame: Baseline, 24 weeks ]The 11-item ADAS-Cog assesses a range of cognitive abilities including memory, comprehension, orientation in time and place, and spontaneous speech. The ADAS-Cog-11 total score range is from 0 to 70, with a higher score indicating more severe cognitive impairment.
- Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study - Activities of Daily Living (ADCS-ADL) Score Change From Baseline to Week 24 [ Time Frame: Baseline, 24 weeks ]The ADCS-ADL scale measures functional impairment in terms of activities of daily living. The score ranges from 0 to 78. The lower the score, the greater the impairment; higher scores indicate better (more desirable) function
- Clinical Global Impression of Change - Plus Caregiver Interview (CIBIC+) Score at Week 24 [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]The CIBIC+ assessment measures the global functioning of the subject. The CIBIC+ is scored as a seven-point categorical rating, ranging from a score of 1 (indicating "very much improved"), to a score of 4 (indicating "no change"), or to a score of 7 (indicating "very much worse.") Lower CIBIC+ scores indicate better (more desirable) function
- The Dependence Scale (DS) Score Change From Baseline to Week 24 [ Time Frame: Baseline, 24 weeks ]The DS measures the amount of assistance patients with dementia require in performing daily activities. The scale consists of 13 items, representing a range of severity from mild to severe levels of dependency. The score range is from 0 to 15 with higher scores indicating greater dependency.
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory (NPI) Score Change From Baseline to Week 24 [ Time Frame: Baseline and Week 24 ]The NPI is a behavior rating scale composed of a 12-item structured interview of the caregiver that is scored from 0 to 144 (the higher the score, the greater the psychiatric disturbance). It assesses 12 behavioral disturbances occurring in dementia patients: delusions, hallucinations, agitation, dysphoria, anxiety, apathy, irritability, euphoria, disinhibition, aberrant motor activity, night-time behavior disturbances, and eating disturbances. Both the frequency and the severity of each behavior are determined.
- ADAS-Cog-13 Score Change From Baseline to Week 24 [ Time Frame: Baseline, 24 weeks ]13-item ADAS-Cog assesses a range of cognitive abilities including memory, comprehension, orientation in time and place, and spontaneous speech. Most items are evaluated by tests, but some are dependent on clinician ratings on a 5-point scale. The ADAS-Cog-13 is the ADAS-Cog-11 with 2 additional items: delayed word recall and total digit cancellation. Scores for the ADAS-Cog-13 range from 0 to 85 with higher scores indicating greater dysfunction.
- Measurement of Concentrations of RVT-101 (Intepirdine) in Plasma [ Time Frame: Week 6, Week 12, Week 18, Week 24 ]Measurement collected at timepoints Week 6, Week 12, Week 18, and Week 24
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02585934
Show 197 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Ilise Lombardo, MD||Axovant Sciences, Inc., Vice President, Clinical Research|