QuitAdvisorDDS: A Point-of-Care Tobacco Cessation Tool for Dental Settings (QA-DDS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02570646|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 7, 2015
Last Update Posted : February 1, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Tobacco Use||Behavioral: QA-DDS||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||248 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||QuitAdvisorDDS: A Point-of-Care Tobacco Cessation Tool for Dental Settings|
|Study Start Date :||October 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 2016|
Patients will receive exposure to the QA-DDS tool from their dental care practitioner.
QuitAdvisorDDS is a point-of-care software tool to facilitate implementation of evidence-based tobacco treatment interventions in dental care settings.
Other Name: QuitAdvisorDDS
- Primary Patient Acceptability A: Rate of Patient Wanting Provider to Use QA-DDS [ Time Frame: Immediately Post-Consultation up to 1 week ]80% of participating patients must indicate that they would want their dental practitioner to continue to use QA-DDS.
- Primary Patient Acceptability B: Rate of Patient Wanting to Use QA-DDS Patient Portal [ Time Frame: 1-Month Follow-Up ]80% of participating patients must indicate that they would want to continue to use the QA-DDS Patient Portal.
- Primary Patient Feasibility A: Rate of Patient Completion of 1-Month Follow-Up Survey [ Time Frame: 1-Month Follow-Up ]80% of the enrolled dental care patients must complete the 1-month follow-up survey with the 7-day point prevalence measure of self-reported smoking status.
- Secondary Patient Acceptability A: Average QA-DDS Satisfaction Ratings Among Patients on 0-10 Scale [ Time Frame: Immediately Post-Consultation up to 1 week ]Average QA-DDS satisfaction ratings among enrolled dental patients must be 7 or greater on a 0-10 scale.
- Secondary Patient Feasibility A: Rate of Patient Accrual by Study Practices [ Time Frame: 4-Month Follow-Up ]75% of the study practices must recruit 10 eligible dental patients within a 4-month recruitment phase
- Tertiary Patient Acceptability A1: Number of Patients Who Visit QA-DDS Patient Portal [ Time Frame: 1-Month Follow-Up ]To evaluate the acceptability of the QA-DDS Patient Portal among enrolled dental patients, the percentage of enrolled patients who make at least one visit to the Patient Portal will be monitored
- Tertiary Patient Acceptability A2: Number of Visits to QA-DDS Patient Portal Per Patient [ Time Frame: 1-Month Follow-Up ]To evaluate the acceptability of the QA-DDS Patient Portal among enrolled dental patients, the number of visits to the Patient Portal per patient will be monitored
- Tertiary Patient Acceptability B: Rate of QA-DDS Text Messaging Support Service Use as Measured by Number of Patient Subscriptions [ Time Frame: 1-Month Follow-Up ]To evaluate the acceptability of the QA-DDS Text Messaging Support Service, the percentage of enrolled patients who subscribe to the Text Messaging Support Service will be monitored.
- Tertiary Patient Feasibility A: Rate of Missing Data for Tobacco Use Among Patients [ Time Frame: 1-Month Follow-Up ]Self-reported measures of tobacco use and history at the follow-up assessment must have less than 10% missing data among responding dental patients.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02570646
|United States, Kentucky|
|University of Kentucky|
|Lexington, Kentucky, United States, 40536-0086|
|Principal Investigator:||Jamie L Studts, PhD||Associate Professor, University of Kentucky College of Medicine|