Beijing Vascular Disease Patients Evaluation STudy (BEST)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02569268|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 6, 2015
Last Update Posted : May 10, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Vascular Disease||Other: Questionnaires and follow-up|
This study aimed to establish vascular disease early detection system and scoring systems by comprehensive vascular disease risk factors and vascular function evaluation index. And prevention of vascular-related diseases, high-risk groups through positive lifestyle changes: such as lipid-lowering, smoking cessation, reversing early vascular lesions, to avoid end-stage vascular events.
- Detection of vascular function indicators include: PWV, IMT, CFVR, FMD, CAVI, ABI, LDL-C, HOMA-IR, hs-CRP, Hcy, BNP, UA and so on.
- Design the questionnaire: surveying the lifestyle, personal history, family history of the study population.
- Follow-up:2 years of observation, recording the end time of vascular events, including cardiovascular events (acute myocardial infarction, angina, coronary reperfusion therapy), stroke, heart failure, peripheral vascular disease.
- Statistics: Complex the factors of vascular disease, screen for an effective indicator to predict cardiovascular events, and based on the weight of the different factors, the establish the rating system, use the system to predict the incidence of vascular events terminal, and compare the system with the previous scoring system such as FRS (Framingham Risk Score).
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||2000 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||3 Years|
|Official Title:||Early Vascular Disease Detection System for High Risk Patients in Beijing|
|Study Start Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2015|
No special intervention(s) .
Other: Questionnaires and follow-up
Detecting the vascular functional parameters, questionnaire and follow-up: For 2 years or the occurrence of vascular events end time, including cardiovascular events (acute myocardial infarction, angina, coronary reperfusion therapy), stroke, heart failure, peripheral vascular disease.
- Number of vascular diseases-related death [ Time Frame: Up to 1 year ]
- Number of acute coronary syndrome [ Time Frame: Up to 1 year ]After follow-up and questionnaire, to clear the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome assessed by guideline or CTCAE v4.0（Grade 3-5).
- Number of acute stroke [ Time Frame: Up to 1 year ]After follow-up and questionnaire, to clear the diagnosis of acute cerebral infarction and cerebral hemorrhage assessed by guideline.
- Number of acute heart failure [ Time Frame: Up to 1 year ]After follow-up and questionnaire, to clear the diagnosis of acute heart failure assessed by guideline or CTCAE v4.0（Grade 3-5).
- Number of peripheral arteriosclerosis occlusion [ Time Frame: Up to 1 year ]After follow-up and questionnaire, to clear the diagnosis of peripheral ischemia by guideline or CTCAE v4.0（Grade 3-5).
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA