Degradation of the Anorexic Hormone Peptide YY
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02493959|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 10, 2015
Last Update Posted : July 10, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Healthy||Biological: PYY1-36 infusion Biological: PYY1-36 + sitagliptin Biological: PYY3-36 infusion Biological: placebo||Early Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||8 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Primary Purpose:||Basic Science|
|Official Title:||Degradation of the Anorexic Hormone Peptide YY|
|Study Start Date :||May 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2015|
Experimental: PYY infusion
IV infusion on 4 separate days of PYY or saline in Healthy, normal-weight men, age 18-50 years
Biological: PYY1-36 infusion
Infusion of 1.6 pmol/kg/min PYY1-36 for 2 hrs.
Biological: PYY1-36 + sitagliptin
Infusion of 1.6 pmol/kg/min PYY1-36 for 2 hrs. Two doses of 100 mg sitagliptin are administered 10 and 1 hour before start of infusion, respectively.
Biological: PYY3-36 infusion
0.8 pmol/kg/min infusion of PYY3-36.
Infusion of saline for 2 hrs.
- PYY3-34 concentration [ Time Frame: 0-240 min ]
- Half-lives of PYY1-36 and PYY3-36 [ Time Frame: 0-240 min ]
- Appetite and nausea scores [ Time Frame: 0-240 min ]Between infusion differences in VAS scores
- Blood pressure [ Time Frame: 0-240 min ]Between infusion differences in blood pressure
- Blood glucose [ Time Frame: 0-240 min ]Between infusion differences in blood glucose
- Heart rate [ Time Frame: 0-240 min ]Between infusion differences in heart rate
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02493959
|Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital|
|Hvidovre, Denmark, DK-2650|