Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin+Cytarabine vs Idarubicin+Cytarabine in Elderly Patients With AML.Mylofrance 4 (ALFA1401)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02473146|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified July 2018 by Ms Juliette LAMBERT, Versailles Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : June 16, 2015
Last Update Posted : July 26, 2018
Purpose : The main objective of this study is to assess the efficacy and tolerance of the addition of repeated doses of low doses (3mg/m2) of Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin (GO) in addition with standard doses of Ara-C in previously untreated patients aged 60 to 80 years with de novo acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML) and non adverse cytogenetics. The main end point for efficacy is 2 years-event free survival. The secondary efficacy endpoints are CR/Cri rates, cumulative incidence of relapse and overall survival. The secondary endpoints for safety are early death rate (before day 30 and 60), grade 3 to 5 adverse events and severe adverse events, cardiac toxicity and quality of life. Additional secondary endpoints are treatment by covariate interactions with respect to biological characteristics present at diagnosis (CD33 positivity, cytogenetic, molecular abnormalities) or after treatment (Minimal residual disease levels). This study is an exploratory study. Patients will be allocated at inclusion with a 2/1 ratio either to receive treatment with GO and cytarabine or Idarubicin and cytarabine in a 3+7 regimen similar to the "backbone" ALFA 1200 scheme used concurrently by the ALFA group as treatment of AML patients aged >60 years.
Primary objective. The primary objective is to assess the efficacy of two doses of Gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO) during induction and one dose of GO during first consolidation in combination with Cytarabine in elderly patients with AML in the non adverse cytogenetics-risk group.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Acute Myeloid Leukemia||Drug: Gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO)||Phase 2 Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||225 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Etude Exploratoire randomisée Comparant le Traitement Par Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin /Cytarabine au Traitement Standard Par Idarubicine/Cytarabinechez Les Sujets âgés de 60 à 80 Ans et présentant Une LAM et un Caryotype Non défavorable|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||November 2020|
Experimental: Mylotarg Arm
After randomization patients in the experimental arm are assigned to receive chemotherapy with:
Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin 3 mg/m2 (maximum dose: 5 mg) per IV, 60mn on Day 1 and 4 Cytarabine 200 mg/m2 per CIV over 24h on Day 1 to 7
Drug: Gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO)
Other Name: Mylotarg
No Intervention: Control Arm
After randomization patients in the control arm are assigned to receive chemotherapy with Idarubicin 12mg/m2 per IV, 30mn on Day 1,2,3 Cytarabine 200 mg/m2 per CIV over 24h on Day 1 to 7
- EFS (defined as the time from randomization to the date of assessment of response if CR or Cri had not been achieved, relapse or death) [ Time Frame: 5 years ]Endoint for the primary objective of efficacy is EFS defined as the time from randomization to the date of assessment of response if CR or Cri had not been achieved, relapse or death.
- Composite measure for Efficacy assessed by CR/Cri rates, cumulative incidence of relapse, overall survival. [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- Composite measure for safety [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- incidence of early deaths < day 30 and day 60,
- grade 3 to 5 adverse events and all serious adverse events during induction and consolidation treatment
- cardiac toxicity evaluated on cardiac ejection function evaluation by echocardiography or isotopic measure.
- Quality of life measured by questionaries' EORTC QLQ-C30 repeated at diagnosis, after induction treatment, after the two consolidations and 3 months after the end of treatment.
End points for treatment-by-covariate interactions are
- at diagnosis: percentage of CD33 positivity on blast cells, measured with a standardized method, cytogenetics and most relevant molecular markers (FLT3, MLL, CEBPa, NPM1, DNMT3a.,
- after induction and end of treatment: minimal residual disease determined by WT1 and/or NPM1 transcripts levels.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02473146
|Contact: Assitan KONEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Laure MORISSETemail@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Juliette LAMBERT, MD||Versailles Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Sylvie CASTAIGNE, MD||Versailles Hospital|