Evaluation of PrEP-30: a Demonstration Project of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for MSM and Other High-risk Group Clients at the Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic (PrEP-30)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02437981|
Recruitment Status : Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : May 8, 2015
Last Update Posted : March 11, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|HIV Prevention||Drug: PrEP|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20000 participants|
|Official Title:||Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre (TRC-ARC)|
|Study Start Date :||December 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2021|
- Drug: PrEP
Oral pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV infection using a daily combination tablet of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine
- Primary outcome measures: [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Assess the uptake of fee-based oral PrEP by MSM and other at-risk individuals who present for HIV testing or other services.
- Assess the acceptability, tolerance and safety of oral PrEP.
- Assess patient satisfaction with oral PrEP delivered through a fee-based system in an HIV testing center.
- Assess the effectiveness of oral PrEP in a fee-based model.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of oral PreP delivered in a fee-based system.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02437981
|Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre|
|Bangkok, Pathumwan, Thailand, 10330|