A Phase II Trial of LDK378 in ROS1 and /or ALK Over-expressed Advanced Intrahepatic or Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02374489|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (ROS1 in IHC and gene rearrangement result can not match。No tumor response。)
First Posted : February 27, 2015
Last Update Posted : April 5, 2018
To investigate the objective response rate in patients with ROS1 or ALK over-expressed locally advanced, or metastatic intrahepatic or hilar cholangiocarcinoma receiving LDK378 Secondary objectives:The progression-free survival ,The disease control rate ,The overall survival ,The toxicity profiles , The correlation between clinical outcomes and the potential predictive biomarker for tumor response
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cholangiocarcinoma||Drug: LDK378||Phase 2|
Sample size: LDK378 will be considered as an active agent and deserved for further development. Considering 10% dropout rate, total 34 patients will be included.
Step 1: LDK378 in suitable patients:
Collect tumor tissue for immunohistochemistry staining to confirm the status of ROS1 or ALK expression. If the patient fits all criteria, LDK378 750 mg ( p.o.) daily, with 3 week as a treatment cycle.
Step 2: Evaluation of tumor response according to RECIST 1.1 version
- Evaluation will be done at baseline and every 6 weeks
Evaluation will be performed with CT or MRI and the response is defined as follows:
- Complete response - the disappearance of all target lesions.
- Partial response - at least a 30% decrease in the sum of the longest diameter of target lesions compared to the baseline sum longest diameter.
- Progressive disease - at least a 20% increase in the sum of the longest diameter of target lesions compared to the smallest sum longest diameter recorded since the treatment started or the appearance of one, or more new lesions, or reappearance of any lesion that had disappeared, or clear worsening of any assessable disease, or appearance of any new lesion or site.
- Stable disease - neither sufficient shrinkage to qualify for partial response nor sufficient increase to qualify for progressive disease, compared to the smallest sum longest diameter since the treatment started
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||9 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase II Trial of LDK378 as the First or Second-line Therapy in ROS1 and /or ALK Over-expressed Advanced Intrahepatic or Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma|
|Study Start Date :||March 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2018|
Experimental: single-arm studies
LDK378 in suitable patients:
Collect tumor tissue for immunohistochemistry staining to confirm the status of ROS1 or ALK expression. If the patient fits all criteria, LDK378 750 mg ( p.o.) daily, with 3 week as a treatment cycle
LDK378 750 mg ( p.o.) daily, with 3 week as a treatment cycle.
Other Name: ceritinib(Zykadia)
- objective response rate [ Time Frame: three year ]Evaluation of tumor response according to RECIST 1.1 version
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02374489
|National Taiwan University Hospital|
|Taipei, Taiwan, 112|
|National Cheng Kung University Hospital|
|Taipei, Taiwan, 704|