Bioequivalence Study of Temozolomide in Patients With Primary Tumors of the Central Nervous System
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02343081|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 21, 2015
Results First Posted : April 2, 2015
Last Update Posted : April 2, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Brain Neoplasms, Malignant, Primary||Drug: Temozolomide||Phase 4|
Prospective, randomized, two-period, two treatment, two-way crossover bioequivalence study of two Temozolomide oral formulations (Dralitem vs. Temodal), in primary Central Nervous System tumor patients under fasting conditions. Open label to the patients and investigators and blind to the bioanalytical and clinical laboratories.
Study plan: days -21 to 0 (Recruitment period); days 1 to 5 (Treatment period); days 6 to 21 (Safety surveillance period). Sample size: 24 patients will be randomized. The patients will be administered Temozolomide 200 mg/m2 on the first two days (Dralitem) of the treatment cycle.
They will be admitted to the study clinical site on the evening of day 2. In the morning of day 3 they will be randomized into two groups of equal size. According to the assigned random number, each subject will receive a single oral dose of Temozolomide 200mg/m2 from either Monte Verde Sociedad Anónima (SA) product (Dralitem) or from Schering-Plough product (Temodal). The single dose of 200 mg/m2 will be reached with three different Temozolomide capsule strengths: 20, 100 and 250 mg. Drugs will be administered with 200-240 ml of water in semi-sitting upright position.
The following day (day 4) each subject will receive an oral dose of Temozolomide 200 mg/m2 of the product that did not receive the day before. On days 3 and 4 after drug administration, blood samples will be obtained for pharmacokinetic evaluation. The patient will be discharged from the clinical site on day 4 after completion of sampling for pharmacokinetic analysis. On day 5, all patients will receive Temozolomide 200 mg/m2 (Dralitem).
On days 3 and 4, samples of venous blood will be withdrawn from the forearm vein of each volunteer at the following time points: 0 (pre-dose) and 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10.0 hours post-dose after each period administration. The washout period between the treatment arms was 10 hours, on days 3 and 4. Samples will be processed according to the validated method MANA (Método Analítico) - PLB (Proyecto Laboratorio Bioanalítico) 004 - TEM (Temozolomide) - 01/01. Measurement of plasma concentration of Temozolomide was performed using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) followed by detection by tandem mass spectrometry (MS / MS).
The area under the curve (AUC) and the Cmax levels of the drug vs. time will be obtained for each subject. The resulting values of the logarithmic transformation of these parameters will be used for statistical comparisons (mixed effects ANOVA). The limits of the 90% confidence interval for the ratio of log transformed pharmacokinetic parameters will be calculated. Bioequivalence criteria: each calculated confidence interval should be within the acceptance range from 80.00 to 125.00.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Crossover Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Randomized, Open Label, Two-way Crossover, Single Dose Bioequivalence Study Comparing Dralitem® Capsules to the Reference Drug Temodal® Capsules in Patients With Primary Tumors of the Central Nervous System Under Fasting Conditions|
|Study Start Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2013|
Active Comparator: Temodal
Temozolomide (Schering-Plough) 200 mg/m2, single oral dose.
Other Name: Temodal
Temozolomide (Monte Verde S.A.) 200 mg/m2, single oral dose
Other Name: Dralitem
- Cmax [ Time Frame: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10.0 hours on Days 3 and 4 ]Rate of absorption of Temozolomide (Cmax) will be measured after the oral administration of the test product (Dralitem®, Monte Verde S.A.) or the reference product (Temodal®, Schering-Plough).
- AUC0-t [ Time Frame: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10.0 hours on Days 3 and 4 ]Extent of absorption of Temozolomide from time (0) to the last quantifiable concentration (t) will be measured after the oral administration of the test product (Dralitem®, Monte Verde S.A.) or the reference product (Temodal®, Schering-Plough)
- AUC0-∞ [ Time Frame: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10.0 hours on Days 3 and 4 ]Extent of absorption of Temozolomide from time (0) to infinity (∞) will be measured after oral administration of the test product (Dralitem®, Monte Verde S.A.) or the reference product (Temodal®, Schering-Plough).
- Number of Adverse Events (AEs) and Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to two weeks post last dose ]AEs and SAEs will be collected from the start of study treatment and until two weeks post last dose. If AEs or SAEs extend in time and are not resolved before the end of the 2-week follow up period, this period shall last until the event/s are resolved.
- Kel [ Time Frame: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10.0 hours on Days 3 and 4 ]Rate at which Temozolomide is removed from the body.
- T1/2 [ Time Frame: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10.0 hours on Days 3 and 4 ]Time required for Temozolomide plasma concentration to decrease by 50%
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02343081
|FLENI Instituto Clínico-Quirúrgico de Diagnóstico y Tratamiento|
|Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1428AQK|
|FLENI Instituto de Rehabilitación y Educación Terapéutica|
|Escobar, Buenos Aires, Argentina, B1625XAS|
|Principal Investigator:||Alejandro D Muggeri, Physician||FLENI Instituto Clínico-Quirúrgico de Diagnóstico y Tratamiento|