DoD-NCI TRICARE Feasibility Study
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02339025|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : January 15, 2015
Last Update Posted : August 9, 2018
- Researchers at the National Cancer Institute and the Department of Defense are trying to learn more about what causes cancer, heart disease, and other health problems. To do this, they gather data on risk factors and biological markers. They get these data from large groups of people in long-running studies. As these groups of people age, researchers must form new groups. TRICARE is a health insurance program for uniformed service members and their families. It is a major part of the Military Health System. Researchers hope to form a new study group from TRICARE members. This study will test if TRICARE members will take part in a research study.
- To test if TRICARE members will take part in a research study.
- TRICARE members aged 35 74 with military primary care providers at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. They must not have a prior diagnosis of cancer other than non-melanoma skin cancer.
- Participants will fill out a survey. It will ask about their risk factors for cancer and other chronic diseases. Their medical records will be reviewed. They will give a blood sample.
- If a larger study is formed, then participants data will be used in the larger study. They may be asked to give more samples.
|Condition or disease|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||The NCI-DoD TriCare Feasibility Study|
|Study Start Date :||January 14, 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 22, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 20, 2021|
- Participation rates [ Time Frame: End of study recruitment ]
- Data linkage [ Time Frame: Before study recruitment ]
- Cross-sectional biomarker study [ Time Frame: End of study recruitment ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02339025
|Contact: Catherine Schairer, Ph.D.||(301) email@example.com|
|United States, Maryland|
|Walter Reed National Medical Center||Not yet recruiting|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20301|
|Principal Investigator:||Catherine Schairer, Ph.D.||National Cancer Institute (NCI)|