Phase 1b Study Evaluating ACY-1215 (Ricolinostat) in Combination With Pomalidomide and Dexamethasone in Relapsed or Relapsed-and-Refractory Multiple Myeloma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02189343|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 14, 2014
Last Update Posted : November 21, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Multiple Myeloma||Drug: ACY-1215 in combination with pomalidomide and dexamethasone||Phase 1|
To determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), if present, and to identify a recommended dose and schedule of ricolinostat administered in an alternative liquid formulation (ALF) (10mg/mL) in combination with pomalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or relapsed-and-refractory multiple myeloma.
To evaluate the safety and any anti-tumor activity of ricolinostat administered in combination with pomalidomide and dexamethasone as treatment for patients with relapsed or relapsed-and-refractory multiple myeloma, including duration of response.
To assess the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of all three medications administered in combination, and to assess the Pharmacokinetics of ricolinostat and pomalidomide specifically. An evaluation of the relationship between response and biomarkers relating to interacellular acetylation may also be completed.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||16 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1b Multi-Center, Open Label, Dose-Escalation Study to Determine the Maximum Tolerated Dose, Safety, and Anti-Tumor Activity of an Alternative Liquid Formulation of ACY-1215 (Ricolinostat) In Combination With Pomalidomide and Low-Dose Dexamethasone In Patients With Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 15, 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 18, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 30, 2018|
Experimental: Dose Escalation Cohort
Dose Escalating Cohorts of ACY-1215 in combination with pomalidomide and dexamethasone.
Drug: ACY-1215 in combination with pomalidomide and dexamethasone
Escalating dose Cohorts to determine a potential Maximum Tolerated Dose to recommend for a dosing schedule.
- Determine Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) if any, and recommended dose schedule [ Time Frame: Every 56 days on treatment, estimated average of 4 months. ]Identify the MTD of ACY-1215 administered in an alternative liquid formulation (ALF) if present, and identify a recommended dose and schedule. Patients will be followed for completion of 6 28-day Cycles of Study Treatment (for ITT Population analysis).
- Safety [ Time Frame: Upon completion of a 28-day treatment cycle and for the duration of treatment, an estimated average of 4 months. ]To assess the type, frequency, and severity of adverse events (AEs) and relationship of AEs to study drug.
- Anti-Tumor Activity [ Time Frame: Upon completion of a 28-day treatment cycle and for the duration of treatment, an estimated average of 4 months. ]Anti-tumor activity will be measured by objective response to treatment as assessed by the site Investigators using International Myeloma Working Group (IMWG) Uniform Response criteria. Anti-tumor activity will also be measured by duration of response, time to response, and time to progression. The Response rate will be the percentage of patients who achieve PR or better. The number of patients who have at least MR or better will also be collected as clinical benefit response. Progression-free survival (PFS) will be defined as the time from first dose of study treatment to the first documentation of disease progression or death from any cause during the study. For responders, time to tumor response and response duration will be analyzed.
- Pharmacokinetics [ Time Frame: Up to 8 days post first dose ]Plasma levels of ACY-1215 will be measured to assess the single and multiple dose PK of AC-1215 in combination with pomalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone. Plasma levels of pomalidomide will be measured to assess the PK of pomalidomide in combination with ACY-1215 and low-dose dexamethasone.
- Pharmacodynamics [ Time Frame: Up to 24 hours post first dose ]Exposure response of ACY-1215 in combination with pomalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone, including biomarkers relating to intracellular protein acetylation, protein levels, mRNA and microRA expression profiles.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02189343
|United States, Texas|
|UT Southwestern Medical Center Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Dallas, Texas, United States, 75390-8852|
|CTRC at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio|
|San Antonio, Texas, United States, 78229|
|United States, Utah|
|University of Utah Huntsman Cancer Institute|
|Salt Lake City, Utah, United States, 84112|
|Principal Investigator:||Sumit Madan, MD||The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio|