Dashboards for Clinician Monitoring of Patients Through a Mobile Sensing Platform
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02167373|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 19, 2014
Last Update Posted : July 17, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Behavioral Health With Medical Comorbidities||Other: Cogito Companion Intervention Device: mobile phone application||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||171 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Dashboards for Clinician Monitoring of Patients Through a Mobile Sensing Platform|
|Study Start Date :||November 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 31, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 30, 2017|
|No Intervention: Control|
Cogito Companion Intervention. Participants will be provided with a mobile phone application that provides feedback on their mental health. The participants' clinicians will be provided with a desktop application to review their patients' results.
Other: Cogito Companion Intervention
Other Name: Cogito Mobile Sensing Platform
Device: mobile phone application
- Treatment Outcome [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to six months later ]Depression will be assessed by the Patient Health Questionnaire-8.
- Quality of Life Outcome [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to six months later ]Patient reported Schwartz Outcome Scale-10 (SOS-10).
- Cost of Care [ Time Frame: Measured at six months ]Cost of care can be measured by proxy, through counts of emergency room visits, hospitalization admissions and days, and hospital re-admissions in the last six months.
- Patient Engagement [ Time Frame: Measured at six months ]Patient engagement will be assessed through frequency of patient use of the mobile technology, no-show rate at appointments, and completion of treatment homework assignments in the last six months.
- Self-Help Behavior [ Time Frame: Measured at six months ]Self-help behavior will be measured through change in behavior patterns, usage of the mobile application, and requests for additional resources in the last six months.
- Clinical Outcome (GAF) [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to six months later ]We will use the Global Assessment of Functioning (GAF) to measure overall functioning.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02167373
|United States, Massachusetts|
|South Huntington Clinic|
|Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, United States, 02130|