Dashboards for Clinician Monitoring of Patients Through a Mobile Sensing Platform
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02167373|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 19, 2014
Last Update Posted : July 17, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Behavioral Health With Medical Comorbidities||Other: Cogito Companion Intervention Device: mobile phone application||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||171 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Dashboards for Clinician Monitoring of Patients Through a Mobile Sensing Platform|
|Study Start Date :||November 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 31, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 30, 2017|
|No Intervention: Control|
Cogito Companion Intervention. Participants will be provided with a mobile phone application that provides feedback on their mental health. The participants' clinicians will be provided with a desktop application to review their patients' results.
Other: Cogito Companion Intervention
Other Name: Cogito Mobile Sensing Platform
Device: mobile phone application
- Treatment Outcome [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to six months later ]Depression will be assessed by the Patient Health Questionnaire-8.
- Quality of Life Outcome [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to six months later ]Patient reported Schwartz Outcome Scale-10 (SOS-10).
- Cost of Care [ Time Frame: Measured at six months ]Cost of care can be measured by proxy, through counts of emergency room visits, hospitalization admissions and days, and hospital re-admissions in the last six months.
- Patient Engagement [ Time Frame: Measured at six months ]Patient engagement will be assessed through frequency of patient use of the mobile technology, no-show rate at appointments, and completion of treatment homework assignments in the last six months.
- Self-Help Behavior [ Time Frame: Measured at six months ]Self-help behavior will be measured through change in behavior patterns, usage of the mobile application, and requests for additional resources in the last six months.
- Clinical Outcome (GAF) [ Time Frame: Change from baseline to six months later ]We will use the Global Assessment of Functioning (GAF) to measure overall functioning.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02167373
|United States, Massachusetts|
|South Huntington Clinic|
|Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, United States, 02130|