Longitudinal Study of Primary Osteoporosis in Shanghai Postmenopausal Women
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02142348|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified May 2014 by Cui xuejun, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : May 20, 2014
Last Update Posted : May 20, 2014
|Condition or disease|
- To popularize knowledge of prevention and health care of osteoporosis.
- To investigate the prevalence of primary osteoporosis in community residents.
- The survey study included the five boroughs of six communities in Shanghai (Xuhui District 2, Pudong New Area 1, Minhang District 1, Pudong New Area 1, Jiading District 1). 10,000 participants are expected to be included.
- Through a questionnaire and physical examination form, carries on the investigation to the 50-85 years old postmenopausal women during the 3-year follow-up period.
- Make a survey of Bone Mineral Density,SF-36,international osteoporosis foundation ONE-MINUTE OSTEOPOROSIS RISK TEST,Markers of bone metabolism test,EQ-5D,Hepatic-renal function test and thyroid stimulating hormone level test.
- Physicians in each community as the backbone, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Longhua Hospital is responsible for personnel training.
- Shanghai Clinical Research Center is responsible for program and data management.
- Shanghai District Health and Family Planning Commission is responsible for coordinating the organization.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||3000 participants|
|Official Title:||Longitudinal Study of Primary Osteoporosis in Shanghai Postmenopausal Women|
|Study Start Date :||June 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2018|
- Bone Mineral Density [ Time Frame: baseline ]
- SF-36 [ Time Frame: baseline ]a composite of functional status
- international osteoporosis foundation ONE-MINUTE OSTEOPOROSIS RISK TEST [ Time Frame: baseline ]
- Markers of bone metabolism test [ Time Frame: baseline ]Fasting peripheral blood collected 2ml.Markers of bone metabolism test，including alkaline phosphatase, 25-hydroxy-vitamin D，prepeptide typeⅠ procollagen，osteocalcin，type I collagen cross-linked C-terminal telopeptide，tartrate resistant acid phosphatase.
- EQ-5D [ Time Frame: baseline ]A standardised instrument for use as a measure of health outcome.
- Hepatic-renal function test [ Time Frame: baseline ]Fasting peripheral blood collected 2ml.Hepatic-renal function test，including calcium, phosphorus, creatinine.
- thyroid stimulating hormone level test [ Time Frame: baseline ]Fasting peripheral blood collected 1ml for thyroid stimulating hormone test.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02142348
|Contact: Xuejun Cui, Dr.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shanghai, Shanghai, China, 200032|
|Contact: Xuejun Cui email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Chenguang Li, Dr.|
|Principal Investigator: Jing Wang, master|
|Principal Investigator:||Yongjun Wang, Dr||Study Principal Investigator Longhua Hospital|