Ovarian Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma Review (OCCA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02129036|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 2, 2014
Last Update Posted : August 9, 2019
|Condition or disease|
- Several authors have reported frequent admixtures of clear cell ovarian carcinoma with serous, mucinous, and endometrioid tumors. However, few papers addressed the difference in response to chemotherapy and survival between patients with pure and mixed-type advanced clear cell carcinoma.
- Recent trends in the clinical management of advanced ovarian cancer include increased attention to maximal cytoreduction and general acceptance of paclitaxel-platinum-based adjuvant chemotherapy.
- The introduction of paclitaxel markedly changed the postoperative management of ovarian cancer patients, but the results and value of these newer efforts and therapies applied to clear cell carcinoma are as yet undetermined.
- Today, paclitaxel-platinum-based chemotherapy is becoming the standard regimen for ovarian cancer worldwide. Previous research suggests a potential benefit of paclitaxel plus carboplatin regimens for stage I clear cell carcinoma. However, few papers specifically addressed the efficacy of paclitaxel-platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced clear cell carcinoma because clear cell carcinoma occurs only rarely in Western countries.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||5 participants|
|Official Title:||Retrospective Multi-institutional Survey of Clinical Characteristics in Ovarian Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma Cancer Patients|
|Study Start Date :||April 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2013|
- Overall survival (OS) [ Time Frame: Overall survival (up to 6 years) ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02129036
|Study Director:||Chih-Ming Ho||Gynecologic Cancer Center, Cathay general Hospital|