Functional Performance Following Emergency High-risk Abdominal Surgery
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02124356|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 28, 2014
Last Update Posted : October 3, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Emergency High-risk Abdominal Surgery||Other: Evaluation of functional performance|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Official Title:||Functional Performance Following Emergency High-risk Abdominal Surgery|
|Study Start Date :||April 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2014|
|Emergency High-risk Abdominal Surgery||
Other: Evaluation of functional performance
- Basic mobility evaluated by the Cumulated Ambulation Score (CAS) [ Time Frame: Daily on postoperative day 1 to 7 and at discharge from the hospital (average length of stay is: 14 days). ]Factors that limit independency in basic mobility will be evaluated on a daily basis.
- Physical activity assessment with accelerometer (ActivePAL) [ Time Frame: Daily on postoperative day 1 to 7. ]
- Visual Analog Scale (VAS) [ Time Frame: Daily on postoperative day 1 to 7 and at discharge from the hospital (average length of stay is: 14 days). ]VAS is a self-reported measure of pain intensity.
- Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS) [ Time Frame: One time at postoperative day 4. ]AMPS measures a person's performance capacity for activities of daily living (ADL) and/or independent living.
- New Mobility Score (NMS) [ Time Frame: At inclusion/baseline ]NMS is a measure of pre-hospital functional level.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02124356
|Hvidovre University Hospital|