Screening for Kyphosis in the Mean Term in Patients Treated With Kyphoplasty Alone in the Management of Stable Traumatic Compression Fractures of the Thoracolumbar Spine (KIPHO)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02085811|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified June 2013 by Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Dijon.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : March 13, 2014
Last Update Posted : March 13, 2014
The aim of this retrospective study is to show that kyphoplasty is a reliable technique in the treatment of certain traumatic vertebral fractures.
Patients will be selected from medical records archived at the Neuroradiology Department of Dijon CHU.
An information sheet and questionnaire will be sent to patients together with a letter to ask them to have a radiographic examination.
The radiographic images will be interpreted by two independent experts to evaluate the angle pf vertebral kyphosis.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Thoracolumbar Spine||Other: radiography standard|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||250 participants|
|Official Title:||Screening for Kyphosis in the Mean Term in Patients Treated With Kyphoplasty Alone in the Management of Stable Traumatic Compression Fractures of the Thoracolumbar Spine|
|Study Start Date :||June 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 2014|
|Patients||Other: radiography standard|
- Measure of Spinal kyphosis angle [ Time Frame: Between the post-operative period (D1) and a minimum of one year of follow-up ]
- Evaluation of pain (VAS) [ Time Frame: At least 1 year after the kyphoplasty ]
- Number of new vertebral fractures [ Time Frame: At least 1 year after the kyphoplasty ]
- Evaluation of quality of life (OSWESTRY and EIFEL) [ Time Frame: At least 1 year after the kyphoplasty ]
- Evolution of the regional angle of vertebral kyphosis [ Time Frame: At least 1 year after the kyphoplasty ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02085811
|Contact: Frederic RICOLFI||184.108.40.206.44 ext +email@example.com|
|CHU de DIJON||Recruiting|
|Dijon, France, 21079|
|Contact: Frederic RICOLFI 220.127.116.11.44 ext +33 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Pierre THOUANT 18.104.22.168.44 ext +33 email@example.com|