Mobile Apps for the Treatment of Depression
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02024620|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (The mobile phone app upon which the study was based was not available.)
First Posted : December 31, 2013
Last Update Posted : December 15, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Major Depressive Disorder||Behavioral: Behavioral activation plus mobile app Behavioral: Standard behavioral activation||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Mood Coach in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder|
|Study Start Date :||March 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2014|
Experimental: Behavioral activation plus mobile app
Standard behavioral activation protocol with the addition of the Mood Coach mobile app to replace the paper and pencil forms used in the standard protocol.
Behavioral: Behavioral activation plus mobile app
Active Comparator: Standard behavioral activation
Standard behavioral activation protocol using paper and pencil forms for treatment delivery and homework completion.
Behavioral: Standard behavioral activation
- Change in Behavioral Activation for Depression Scale-Short Form [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 4, Week 8 ]Measures symptoms of depression consistent with a behavioral deficits model in a brief format.
- Change in Depression Anxiety Stress Scales-21 [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 4, Week 8 ]Assesses symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress in a brief format.
- Homework Compliance Rating Scale [ Time Frame: Week 4, Week 8 ]Assesses the amount of effort put into the weekly behavioral activation homework. Completed by the participant and the study clinician.
- Treatment Evaluation Inventory-Short Form [ Time Frame: Week 4, Week 8 ]Assesses the degree to which the treatment provided in the project is deemed acceptable by the participant. The measure used in the present project is modified from the original to better assess the treatment procedures in an adult population.
- Perceptions of Computerized Therapy Questionnaire-Patient Version [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 8 ]Measures participants' opinion of computerized and computer-assisted psychotherapy.
- Mini-International Neuropsychiatric Interview [ Time Frame: Week 1, Week 8 ]Clinician-administered brief diagnostic interview for psychiatric diagnoses. The selected sections for this project include the major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, bi-polar disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety, disorder, social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorder sections.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02024620
|United States, Arkansas|
|Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System|
|North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States, 72114|
|Principal Investigator:||Robert E Brady, Ph.D.||Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System|