Stem Cell Research on Subjects at Genetic High Risk for Schizophrenia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01943175|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 16, 2013
Last Update Posted : April 8, 2019
|Condition or disease|
|Genetic High Risk for Schizophrenia|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Official Title:||Stem Cell-based Approaches to Neuronal Characteristics and Endophenotype of Schizophrenia in Genetic High Risk Subjects|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 2015|
|Genetic High Risk|
- Structural and functional characteristics of neurons differentiated from adipose tissue derived stem cells in subjects with genetic high risk for schizophrenia and healthy controls [ Time Frame: three years ]
in vitro measurement of the expression of the neuronal markers for differentiated post-mitotic neuron, GABAergic/Glutamatergic neuron.
The neuronal connectivity, neurites from soma and synaptic protein levels will be assessed. In addition, RNA and proteins expression (e.g. Glutamate/GABA receptors) , physiological function, and in vitro response to antipsychotics will be evaluated.
- CAARMS(Comprehensive assessment of at risk mental states) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Clinical rating scale for prodromal symptoms of psychosis.
- PANSS(Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Clinical rating scale for the assessment of symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Neurocognitive function test battery (composite) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Neurocognitive function battery comprising tests measuring subjects' intelligence, attention, memory, executive function and social cognitive function.
- ERP(event-related potential) profile [ Time Frame: Baseline ]ERP profile including P50, P30 & MMN(Mismatch Negativity).
- Structural/resting functional MRI data [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Structural/resting functional MRI data
- Proton MR spectroscopy [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Molecular neuroimaging data measuring neurochemical composition profile.
- PET imaging data [ Time Frame: Baseline ]PET imaging data measuring receptor availability of GABA(gamma-aminobutyric acid) and Glutamate.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
5-10mL of adipose cells in tumescent solution
5-10mL of venous blood
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01943175
|Korea, Republic of|
|Seoul National University Hospital|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 110-744|
|Principal Investigator:||Jun Soo Kwon, M.D., Ph.D.||Seoul National University Hospital|