Using Near Infra-red Spectroscopy to Measure Tissue Perfusion in Patients Receiving Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
Coronary Artery Disease
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
|Official Title:||Using Non-invasive Near Infra-red Spectroscopy to Measure the Regional Tissue Perfusion in Patients Receiving Off-pump Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery|
- Percentage of tissue oxygen saturation (StO2) [ Time Frame: every 5 minute, from the induction of anesthesia to the end of the surgery, estimated duration: 4 hours ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]The measured tissue oxygen saturation is shown in the form of percentage (0~100%).
|Study Start Date:||August 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||March 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||March 2015 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Prospective observational study
Target Number of Participants:
To recruit 50 patients into this study.
- Patients scheduled for elective coronary artery bypass surgery.
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists physical status classification system(ASA) Class I~III
- Age ≧20 y/o, ≦75 y/o
- ASA Class IV
- Current skin lesion over the sites where the NIRS patches are designed to be attached.
- Patients received cardiopulmonary bypass during the surgery.
- Patients with previous history of allergy to the NIRS patches.
After the induction of anesthesia, four NIRS patches are attached to the patients on the following sites:
- Biceps brachii muscle area
- Gastrocnemius muscle area
- Posterior side of neck
- central part of the forehead
The four non-invasive NIRS patches are only to measure the tissue oxygen saturation and have no other physiological effects on the participants.
The data will be collected every 5 minutes until the surgery is completed. The data from other routine monitors used during the surgery (including hear rate, blood pressure, and mixed venous saturation) will also be used to compare with the data from NIRS.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01932346
|Contact: Po-Yuan Shihemail@example.com|
|Using non-invasive near infra-red spectroscopy to measure the regional tissue perfusion in patients receiving off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery||Recruiting|
|Contact: Po-Yuan Shih firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Po-Yuan Shih||National Taiwan University Hospital|