Effect of Partial Sleep Deprivation on Immunological System in Peripheral Blood
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01930279|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified August 2013 by ayman abu rmaileh, Hadassah Medical Organization.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : August 28, 2013
Last Update Posted : August 28, 2013
Sleep deprivation was found to affect many organs including the immune system and predisposing for various health consequences including diabetes hypertension infections and increase in neoplastic diseases.
Subjects will be evaluated for immune parameters in peripheral blood test following a regular nigh sleep and compared with a test performed following a night shift in which they slept less than 3 hours.
Each participant will serve as its own control.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Sleep Deprivation||Other: Blood withdrawal|
Overall Study Design and Plan
- Subjects will be bled on the day of the experiment between 8and 9 AM.
- Blood tubes will be tested for T cell markers, serum cytokines levels, and other immune parameters by western blots.
- The first tube will be tested on the day of experiment.
- The second tube will kept in the lab and will be tested 24 hours later.
- The third tube will be kept in the pocket of the subject and be tested 24 hours later.
- The fourth tube will be kept in the pocket of another subject and will be tested 24 hours later.
- The subject will be tested again following 24 hours.
- Each subject will be tested twice following a regular 6-8 hours of sleep, and following an on call duty in which he slept less than 3 hours.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Effect of Sleep Deprivation on Expression of T Cell Markers in Peripheral Blood of Medical Residents|
|Study Start Date :||September 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2014|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2014|
|surface markers on T cells as assessed by FACS||
Other: Blood withdrawal
- surface markers of T cell as assessed by FACS [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
- serum cytokine levels [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
- immune parameters to be assessed by western including STAT proteins [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01930279
|Contact: Ayman Abu rmeileh, MD||0584400010 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Tawfik Khoury, MD||0509870611 ext email@example.com|
|Hadassah Medical Organization||Not yet recruiting|
|Jerusalem, Israel, 91120|
|Contact: Ayman Abu Rmeileh, MD 0584400010 ext 00972 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Tawfik Khoury, MD 0509870611 ext 00972 email@example.com|