Phase III FOLFIRINOX (mFFX) +/- SBRT in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01926197|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : August 20, 2013
Last Update Posted : January 22, 2021
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pancreatic Cancer||Drug: Oxaliplatin Radiation: SBRT Drug: Irinotecan Drug: Leucovorin Drug: 5FU||Phase 3|
A Pancreatic Cancer Radiotherapy Study Group (PanCRS) Trial
To determine progression free survival for mFFX +/- SBRT.
- To determine metastasis free survival following mFFX chemotherapy alone or with SBRT.
- To determine the overall survival in pancreatic cancer patients treated with chemotherapy +/- SBRT.
- To determine local progression-free survival in pancreatic cancer patients after chemotherapy +/- SBRT.
- To evaluate acute (within 3 months of treatment) grade 2 or greater gastritis, fistula, enteritis, or ulcer and any other grade 3-4 gastrointestinal toxicity within 3 months of treatment.
- To evaluate the utility of FDG-PET for treatment planning and estimation of progression free survival.
- To identify new biomarkers in pancreatic cancer.
- To evaluate the quality of life of patients before and after either chemotherapy or chemotherapy and SBRT.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||27 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Randomized Phase III Study Evaluating Modified FOLFIRINOX (mFFX) With or Without Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||August 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2022|
Active Comparator: mFFX
mFOLFIRINOX + SBRT
- difference in progression-free survival between mFOLFIRINOX alone vs. mFOLFIRINOX and SBRT [ Time Frame: one year ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01926197
|United States, California|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 60153|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94143|
|Stanford University, School of Medicine|
|Stanford, California, United States, 94305|
|United States, Illinois|
|Maywood, Illinois, United States, 60153|
|United States, South Carolina|
|Medical University of South Carolina|
|Charleston, South Carolina, United States, 29425|
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center|
|Dallas, Texas, United States, 75390|
|United States, Washington|
|Swedish Cancer Institute|
|Seattle, Washington, United States, 98107|
|Canada, British Columbia|
|BC Cancer Agency|
|Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5Z 4E6|
|Princess Margaret Cancer Centre|
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Principal Investigator:||Daniel T Chang||Stanford University|