Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Prospective Outcomes Registry (IPF-PRO)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01915511|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 5, 2013
Last Update Posted : April 7, 2017
|Condition or disease|
|Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis|
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1500 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||3 Years|
|Official Title:||Prospective Outcomes Registry of Subjects With Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis|
|Study Start Date :||June 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||August 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2021|
Subjects with a new IPF diagnosis
Subjects with a new diagnosis of IPF established at the time of enrollment in the registry.
- Data on natural history of IPF. [ Time Frame: End of Study (3 years after last patient will be enrolled) ]Characterize and describe the natural history of patients with a recent confirmed diagnosis of IPF, with emphasis on demographics, co-morbidities, medications, and risks for disease progression or death.
- Data on current practice patterns for diagnosis of IPF. [ Time Frame: End of Study (3 years after last patient will be enrolled) ]Understand the current practice patterns for diagnosis of IPF.
- Data on impact of IPF on patient quality of life. [ Time Frame: End of Study (3 years after last patient will be enrolled) ]Describe the impact of IPF on patient quality-of-life (QOL).
- Blood samples for future research. [ Time Frame: End of Study (3 years after last patient will be enrolled) ]Collect longitudinal bio-samples for future research on disease presentation, progression, and subject response to clinical interventions.
- Data on management practices compared to existing guidelines. [ Time Frame: End of Study (3 years after last patient will be enrolled) ]Compare disease-specific management practices with existing guidelines.
- Data on center-specific practices on outcomes. [ Time Frame: End of Study (3 years after last patient will be enrolled) ]Determine the influence of center-specific practices on patient outcomes.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01915511
|Contact: Rosalia Blancoemail@example.com|
Show 32 Study Locations
|Principal Investigator:||Scott Palmer, MD||Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University|