Nutritional Status Among naïve HIV Infected Patients and HIV Infected Patients Receiving Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (TNT-HIV 001)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01899157|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 15, 2013
Last Update Posted : July 15, 2013
|Condition or disease|
A prospective cross-sectional study evaluates nutritional status and its relationship to the related factors in Thai HIV-infected patients who attending in out patient clinic at The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre, Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute, Surat Thani hospital, Khonkaen hospital, Sanpathong hospital and the Queen Savang Vadhana Hospital at Sri Racha .
General Objective: To determine nutritional status among Thai People Living with HIV (PLHIV).
- To assess nutritional problems including undernutrition, overnutrition and others such as lipodystrophy, dyslipidemia, hyperglycemia, cardiovascular disease, etc. among naïve HIV-infected patients and HIV-infected patients undergoing HARRT by using ABCDEF approach: Anthropometric, Biochemical, Clinical, Dietary, Exercise and Family assessment.
- To describe the relationship between the nutritional status and HIV disease staging and other related factors among naïve HIV-infected patients and HIV-infected patients undergoing HARRT.
- To describe the prevalence of CVD and its relationship to cardiac risk factors
- To validate the community screening tool developed by the Thai Nutrition Taskforce in HIV (TNT-HIV) by assessing the correlation of this tool and nutritional status.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||580 participants|
|Official Title:||Nutritional Status Among naïve HIV-infected Patients and HIV-infected Patients Receiving Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy|
|Study Start Date :||August 2009|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2010|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2011|
- Nutritional status and Nutritional situation [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Nutritional status and Nutritional situation in Naïve HIV infected patients and HIV-infected patients undergoing HAART. It will be collected by using ABCDEF approch: Anthropometric, Biochemistry, Clinical, Dietary, Exercise and Family assesment.
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome [ Time Frame: 1 year ]The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Naïve HIV infected patients and HIV-infected patients undergoing HARRT using American Heart Association (AHA) and National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) criteria
- The community screening tool [ Time Frame: 1 year ]To validate the community screening tool developed by the Thai Nutrition Task Force for HIV (TNT-HIV) by assessing the correlation of this tool and nutritional status.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01899157
|Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre|
|Bangkok, Pathumwan, Thailand|
|Principal Investigator:||Dr. Wisit Prasithsirikul||Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute|