Web-based Tool to Improve Reporting of Randomized Controlled Trials (WebCONSORT)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01891448|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 3, 2013
Last Update Posted : September 17, 2018
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Randomized Controlled Trial||Other: WebCONSORT tool Other: Modified WebCONSORT tool||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||324 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Impact of an Intervention Using a Web-based Tool to Improve the Reporting of Randomized Controlled Trials|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 25, 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 22, 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 22, 2015|
Experimental: WebCONSORT tool
This WebCONSORT tool allows authors to combine different extensions relevant to their trial and generate a list of items and a flowchart specific to their trial design and the type of intervention tested.
Other: WebCONSORT tool
Authors are directed to the WebCONSORT tool. The tool allows authors to obtain a customized CONSORT checklist and flow diagram specific to their trial design (e.g., non-inferiority trial, pragmatic trial, cluster trial) and type of intervention (e.g., pharmacological or non pharmacological). The checklist items and flow diagram should then be reported in the manuscript and the completed checklist submitted to the journal along with the revision.
Modified WebCONSORT tool
This tool will include the flowchart part of the WEBCONSORT tool but not the main checklist or elements relating to CONSORT extensions.
Other: Modified WebCONSORT tool
Authors are directed to a different version of the WebCONSORT tool. This tool includes the flow diagram part of the tool but not the main checklist or elements relating to CONSORT extensions.
- Completeness of reporting [ Time Frame: Following manuscript revision at 3 months ]The proportion of most poorly reported CONSORT items (initial and extensions) reported in each article.
- Rejection rate [ Time Frame: Following manuscript revision at 3 months ]The rejection rate of articles by journal.
- Compliance rate [ Time Frame: Following manuscript revision at 3 months ]The compliance rate of the authors with submitting a checklist to the journal.
- Feedback [ Time Frame: Following manuscript revision at 3 months ]Feedback from authors on the review process after the editor's decision, and feedback from journal editors.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||Child, Adult, Older Adult|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Journals which publish reports of randomized trials and endorse the CONSORT Statement (e.g. refer to it on the journal website) but do not actively implement it (e.g. require authors to submit a completed CONSORT checklist at the time of manuscript submission).
- Journals which endorse the CONSORT Statement (e.g. refer to it on the journal website) and actively implement it (e.g. require authors to submit a completed CONSORT checklist at the time of manuscript submission).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01891448
|Université Paris Descartes|
|University of Oxford|
|Oxford, United Kingdom|
|Principal Investigator:||Philippe Ravaud, PhD||Université Paris Descartes|
|Responsible Party:||Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||July 3, 2013 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||September 17, 2018|
|Last Verified:||September 2018|