Cerebrospinal Fluid Collection and Repository Storage
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01862107|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : May 24, 2013
Last Update Posted : February 6, 2018
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is the liquid around the brain and spinal cord. Many diseases can only be diagnosed by examining the CSF. A lumbar puncture is used to collect and test CSF. Once someone is already having a lumbar puncture, a small extra amount of CSF can be collected at the same time. This fluid can be used to study brain, nerve, and related health issues. Researchers want to collect CSF and blood samples from people who are scheduled to have a lumbar puncture.
- To collect cerebrospinal fluid and blood samples from individuals who are having a lumbar puncture.
- Individuals between 2 and 100 years of age who are scheduled to have a lumbar puncture for clinical or research purposes.
- Participants will have a lumbar puncture for clinical or research purposes.
- During the procedure, an additional sample of CSF will be collected. They will also provide a blood sample, if one is not taken at the time of the procedure.
- Treatment will not be provided as part of this study.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1500 participants|
|Official Title:||Cerebrospinal Fluid Collection and Repository Storage|
|Study Start Date :||May 22, 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 29, 2024|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 30, 2030|
- Establishment of a repository [ Time Frame: ongoing ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01862107
|Contact: Bryan R Smith, M.D.||(301) email@example.com|
|Contact: Avindra Nath, M.D.||(301) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Maryland|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike||Recruiting|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Contact: For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact Patient Recruitment and Public Liaison Office (PRPL) 800-411-1222 ext TTY8664111010 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Avindra Nath, M.D.||National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)|