Primary Outcome Measures:
- To Assess the Change in HbA1c During the 6 Months Follow-up. [ Time Frame: Baseline and 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
• Change of HbA1c from baseline to the end-point (6 month).
- the Change of Hypoglycemia During Follow-up. [ Time Frame: baseline and 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
•The rate of hypoglycemia at baseline, 3 months (visit 2) and 6 months (visit 3)
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- the FPG Change From Visit 1 to Visit 3 [ Time Frame: baseline and 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
the FPG change = the FPG level at visit 1- the FPG level at visit 3
- the FPG Control Rate at Visit 3 [ Time Frame: 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
the percentage of patients who had the FPG level <7.0 mmol/L at visit 3
- Overall Weight Gain From Visit 1 to Visit 3 [ Time Frame: baseline and 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
the weight gain= the mean weight at visit1 - the mean weight at visit 3
This is a 6-month multicentre, observational, prospective, registry study. About 200 hospitals from different parts of China will take part in this study, and about 20,000 patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) who are inadequately controlled with OADs and willing to accept basal insulin (BI) treatment will be consecutively enrolled during a 12 months period.
The study participants will include at baseline (0 month), 3 month and end point (6 month) to collect the study information. The project will probably last for about 18 months.