Right-sided Colon Tumor, Laparoscopic Versus Open Surgery, in an ERAS Protocol
Register study. Patients who had been operated for right-sided colon tumor or benign adenoids between year 2011 to 2012. The study compare open surgery with laparoscopic surgery in an ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery) protocol.
Operation of right-sided colon tumor and large benign adenoids, a better selection of patients for open or laparoscopic surgery can improve short term results.
|Study Type:||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||2 Years|
|Official Title:||Right-sided Colon Tumor, Laparoscopic and Open Surgery, in an ERAS Protocol|
- Pathological Anatomic diagnosis (PAD) on a tumor biopsy [ Time Frame: day of surgery ]
After PAD result, malign or benign tumor, type of malign tumor,tumor growth, stage, lymphatic recharge.
Right selection of patients to laparoscopic versus open surgery in relation to PAD result?
- Length of hospital stay, days [ Time Frame: 30 days after surgery ]Compare laparoscopic versus open surgery
- C - reactive protein [ Time Frame: 1-7 days after surgery ]Inflammation answer laparoscopic versus open surgery
- Immobilizing patient after surgery [ Time Frame: 4 -10 hours after surgery ]After laparoscopic versus open surgery
- Leakage of anastomosis [ Time Frame: 0 - 30 days after surgery ]Compare laparoscopic versus open surgery
|Study Start Date:||January 2011|
|Study Completion Date:||July 2014|
|Primary Completion Date:||July 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01831245
|Stockholm, Sweden, 116 91|
|Stockholm, Sweden, 182 88|
|Örebro University Hospital|
|Örebro, Sweden, 701 85|
|Principal Investigator:||Ulf Gustafsson, MD, PhD||Karolinska Institutet|