A Phase III Multicenter, Randomized Study Comparing RIT Vs ASCT in Patients With Relapsed/Refractory (FL)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01827605|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : April 9, 2013
Last Update Posted : November 12, 2021
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Relapsed Follicular Lymphoma||Other: ZEVALIN Drug: BEAM||Phase 3|
This is a Phase III, multicenter, open-label, randomized and controlled study to compare the efficacy of a consolidation therapy with RIT vs. ASCT in patients with FL in CR or PR after second or third line chemotherapy supplemented with rituximab. Patients with FL will be eligible for screening at the time of relapsed or refractory disease after two or less chemotherapy lines at least one containing rituximab.
This study will be conducted in six steps as follows. Screening Phase, Enrolment and Induction chemotherapy (STEP I) Randomization (STEP II) Stem cell mobilization and collection (STEP III) Consolidation (RIT vs ASCT) (STEP IV) Maintenance (STEP V) Follow-up Phase (STEP VI)
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||159 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase III Multicenter,Randomized Study Comparing Consolidation With 90yttrium-Labeled Ibritumomab Tiuxetan (Zevalin®) Radioimmunotherapy Vs Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation (ASCT) in Patients With Relapsed/Refractory Follicular Lymphoma (FL) Aged 18-65 Years|
|Study Start Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2019|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2022|
Experimental: Arm A RIT
Infusion of 90Y Ibritumomab Tiuxetan if the patient has less than 25% BM infiltration at the pre-consolidation restaging (0.4 mCi/kg if platelets ≥150,000/mmc, 0.3 mCi/kg if platelets are between 100.000 and 150,000/mmc). Zevalin® will be delivered as per indications and should thus be provided at expenses following regular supplies procedures.
Infusion of 90Y Ibritumomab Tiuxetan if the patient has less than 25% BM infiltration at the pre-consolidation restaging (0.4 mCi/kg if platelets ≥150,000/mmc, 0.3 mCi/kg if platelets are between 100.000 and 150,000/mmc).
Other Name: RIT
Experimental: ARM B ASCT
BEAM conditioning regimen (or in alternative FEAM regimen with fotemustine to replace BCNU) and reinfusion of CD34+ cells of ≥ 2x106/Kg CD34+ day 0 (optimal dose to reinfuse 4x106/Kg CD34+). G-CSF 5 mcg/Kg from day 2 until ANC>1500/mmc. Patients who failed mobilization will directly proceed to rituximab maintenance
BEAM REGIMEN day -6 Carmustine* 300 mg/ m2 i.v. in 250ml dextrose 5% solution
from day -5 to day -2 Cytarabine 200 mg/m2 i.v. every 12 hours in 250 ml dextrose 5% solution, 250 ml/hr Etoposide 100 mg/m2 i.v. every 12 hours in 250 ml dextrose 5% solution, 250 ml/hr day -1 Melphalan 140 mg/m2 i.v. in 100ml saline solution in 200 ml/hr
UReinfusion of autologous stem cells following this rules:
day 2 Filgrastim or Lenograstim 5μg/Kg s.c. until ANC > 1500/mmc
Other Name: ASCT
- Progression Free Survival from randomization (rPFS) [ Time Frame: 36 months ]PFS will be defined as the time between the date of randomization and the date of disease progression, relapse or death from any cause.
- Overall Survival from randomization (rOS) [ Time Frame: 36 months ]OS will be defined as the time between the date of randomization and the date of death from any cause.
- Event Free Survival (EFS) [ Time Frame: 36 months ]EFS will be measured from the date of randomization to the date of any treatment failure including death, disease progression or relapse, discontinuation of treatment for any reason (toxicity, patient preference, initiation of new treatment without documented progression).
- Treatment Free Survival from randomization (TFS) [ Time Frame: 36 months ]TFS will be defined as the time between the date of the end of primary treatment until the institution of the next unplanned chemotherapy in randomized population.
- Progression Free Survival from enrolment (ePFS) [ Time Frame: 42 months ]PFS will be defined as the time between the date of enrolment and the date of disease progression, relapse or death from any cause.
- Overall Survival from enrolment (eOS) [ Time Frame: 42 months ]OS will be defined as the time between the date of enrolment and the date of death from any cause
- Complete Response (CR) Rate [ Time Frame: At the end of the consolidation phase (6 months) ]Proportion of CR according to the Cheson 2007 response criteria at the end of consolidation phase.
- Overall Response Rate (ORR) [ Time Frame: At the end of the consolidation phase (6 months) ]ORR at the end of the consolidation phase is defined as Complete Response (CR) or Partial Response according to the Cheson 2007 response criteria.
- Toxicity [ Time Frame: 42 months ]Incidence of grade 3 or higher Toxicity measured by CTCAE v.4.03 during therapy.
- Molecular Response rate (MR) [ Time Frame: 36 months ]Rate of MR will be defined as the proportion of patients achieving PCR negativity after the consolidation phase and during follow up.
- Molecular Response rate conversion (cMR) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Rate of conversion will be defined as the proportion of patients with baseline PCR-positivity converting to PCR-negativity during treatment.
- Molecular Relapse Rate (MRR) [ Time Frame: 24 months ]Rate of molecular relapse will be defined as the proportion of patients with PCR-negativity after treatment converting to PCR-positivity during the first two years of follow-up.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01827605
|Principal Investigator:||Umberto Vitolo||AO Città della salute e della Scienza di Torino - Ospedale S. Giovanni Battista - TORINO|
|Principal Investigator:||Marco Ladetto||AO SS. Antonio e Biagio e Cesare Arrigo Alessandria|