An Interventional Study to Compare the Efficacy and Tolerability With Targin® in Non-malignant Chronic Pain (GLORY)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01811186|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 14, 2013
Results First Posted : March 10, 2017
Last Update Posted : March 10, 2017
Objective of main interest
- To assess the drop-out rate caused by adverse event* after 6 weeks treatment
- To assess the drop-out rate caused by adverse event* after 1 week treatment
- To assess the pain reduction rate after 6 weeks treatment from baseline
- To assess the Euroquol (EQ-5D) quality of life
- To assess physician's overall satisfaction
- To assess subject's overall satisfaction
- To assess safety
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Chronic Pain||Drug: Oxycodone/naloxone||Phase 4|
Study Design (Methodology):
This will be a single center, open-label, randomised, phase IV, exploratory interventional study to compare the efficacy and tolerability of current titration patterns and slow titration pattern with Targin® (Oxycodone/Naloxone) in the treatment of moderate to severe non-malignant chronic pain patients who are dissatisfied with their current analgesic medication World Health Organisation (WHO) step II analgesics).
Upon providing written informed consent, subject will be screened in the study and assessment will be performed at that time such as safety laboratory assessments, physical examination, vital sign, medical history taking, 24 hours pain intensity score. If the patient is eligible in inclusion/exclusion criteria at the time of visit 1, the patient will be randomized in a 1:1 ratio to allocate in Group A or Group B. Re-screening, study drug dose interruption is not allowed.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||261 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||An Interventional Study to Compare the Efficacy and Tolerability of Current and Slow Titration With Targin® in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Non-malignant Chronic Pain (GLORY)|
|Study Start Date :||December 2012|
|Primary Completion Date :||January 2014|
|Study Completion Date :||June 2014|
Start oxycodone/naloxone 10/5mg b.i.d. titration->20/10mg b.i.d.->30/15mg b.i.d->40/20mg b.i.d.
Other Name: Targin
Start oxycodone/naloxone 5/2.5mg b.i.d titration-> 10/5mg b.i.d.->20/10mg b.i.d.->30/15mg b.i.d->40/20mg b.i.d.
Other Name: Targin
- Drop-out Rate Caused by Adverse Event After 6 Weeks Treatment [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]To assess the drop-out rate caused by adverse event* after 6 weeks treatment
- The Drop-out Rate Due to an Adverse Event After 1 Week Treatment With the Study Drug. [ Time Frame: 1 week ]The drop-out rate due to an adverse event after treatment (1 week) by treatment arm were summarized and presented as frequency and percentage, and the inter-group difference were compared by using a Chi-square test or Fisher's exact test.
- The Change of Pain Intensity Scores(NRS) From Baseline After 6 Weeks Treatment With the Study. [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]Change in numeric rating scales (NRS) such as score for average pain levels over the previous 24 hours, from baseline to 6weeks. NRS score was measured from 0 (No pain) to 10(worst pain imaginable).
- Change of Quality of Life (EQ-5D) Score After 6 Weeks Treatment With the Study Drug [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]
EQ-5D to measure of health related quality of life should be answered as one of 3 levels about current condition for 5 dimensions and was calculated total average by giving a weighting on 3 level of answers (EQ-5D levels into 'no problems' (level 1) and 'problems' (level 2 and 3)).
Table of scores by each level for EQ-5D items: mobility(level 1=0, level2=0.069,level 3=0.314), self care(level 1=0, level2=0.104,level 3=0.214), usual activities(level 1=0, level2=0.036,level 3=0.094), pain/discomfort (level 1=0, level2=0.,level 3=0.386) and anxiety/depression(level 1=0, level2=0.071,level 3=0.2)
*EQ-5D Total = 1 - 0.081 - (the score of the each level) - 0.269 (if at least one of level 3 presents)
EQ-5D total score could be 0.919 in maximum and -0.594 in minimum if case all index indicates the level 3. So, if EQ-5D total score closed by "1" means that the healthy condition and high quality of life.
- Assessment of Investigator's Overall Satisfaction After 6 Weeks Treatment With the Study Drug [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]Investigator's overall satisfaction after treatment (6 weeks) (Clinical Global Impression of Change Scale(CGIC) 7 point scale) by treatment arm were summarized and presented as frequency and proportion, and the inter-group difference were compared by using a Chi-square test or Fisher's exact test.
- Assessment of Subject's Overall Satisfaction After 6 Weeks Treatment With the Study Drug [ Time Frame: 6weeks ]At each visit, the subject assessed the overall satisfaction for efficacy by using the 7 point scale of Patient Global Impression of Change Scale(PGIC).
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01811186
|Korea, Republic of|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of|
|Principal Investigator:||Hoseong Lee, Dr.||Asan Medical Center|