Nationwide Treatment Survey of Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation in China (NTSIAVMC)
Recruitment status was Recruiting
This register study will collect the treatment information of the intracranial arteriovenous malformation patients in China. We aim to understand the current treatment situation of the disease in China.
Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations
|Study Type:||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||6 Months|
|Official Title:||A Nationwide Treatment Survey of Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation: a Multicenter Retrospective and Prospective Register Study in China|
- modified Ranking Scale [ Time Frame: six months after operation ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
The scale runs from 0-6, running from perfect health without symptoms to death. 0 - No symptoms.
- - No significant disability. Able to carry out all usual activities, despite some symptoms.
- - Slight disability. Able to look after own affairs without assistance, but unable to carry out all previous activities.
- - Moderate disability. Requires some help, but able to walk unassisted.
- - Moderately severe disability. Unable to attend to own bodily needs without assistance, and unable to walk unassisted.
- - Severe disability. Requires constant nursing care and attention, bedridden, incontinent.
- - Dead
- Treatment complications [ Time Frame: six months after treatment ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Post operative epilepsy seizure, hemorrhage,infarction;cerebral edema、endovascular embolization injury
|Study Start Date:||February 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||September 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2015 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Surgical resection of intracranial arteriovenous malformations.
Deliver a relatively high dose of focused radiation precisely to the arteriovenous malformations.
Deliver embolic materials to the feeding arteries or the nidus by microcatheters
Use two or three methods ( Surgical treatment stereotaxic radiosurgery endovascular treatment ) to cure the intracranial arteriovenous malformations
Patients refused to any of the treatment above
Intracranial arteriovenous malformations are congenital lesions that consist of multiple arteries and veins, connecting as a fistula without intervening normal capillary bed. The treatment strategy including surgical removal, endovascular embolism and stereotaxic radiosurgery and comprehensive treatment. China is a united multi-ethnic nation of 56 ethnic groups, and has the largest population in the world. We have most extensive and valuable clinical resources of intracranial arteriovenous malformation in the world. But we know little about the current treatment situation of the disease in China.
In order to realize the treatment situation of intracranial arteriovenous malformation in China, we designed a retrospective and prospective register study to collect the treatment and outcome information all over China.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01803685
|Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University||Recruiting|
|Beijing, Beijing, China, 100050|
|Contact: Yong Cao, MD 8610 67096510 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Shuo Wang, MD|
|Study Chair:||Shuo Wang, MD||Beijing Tiantan Hospital|