Effect of Resveratrol on Metabolic Parameters and Oocyte Quality in PCOS Patients (RES-IVF)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01782911|
Recruitment Status : Suspended (Because the recruitment was difficult)
First Posted : February 4, 2013
Last Update Posted : March 5, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Androgen Profile Inflammatory Markers IVF Outcome||Dietary Supplement: Resveratrol Dietary Supplement: Placebo pills||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||70 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Investigator)|
|Official Title:||Effect of Resveratrol on Metabolic Parameters and Oocyte Quality in PCOS Patients Undergoing IVF Treatment.|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 1, 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 1, 2013|
Patients will be given 2 g of resveratrol a day from the onset of menses until ovarian pick-up.
Dietary Supplement: Resveratrol
The patients will take 2 g of resveratrol per day for 40 days.
Placebo Comparator: Control
Patients will be given pills lacking medication from the onset of menses until the ovum pick-up.
Dietary Supplement: Placebo pills
The patients will take placebo for 40 days.
- Effect of resveratrol on oocyte quality [ Time Frame: 40 days ]
- Effect of resveratrol on testosterone levels. [ Time Frame: 40 days ]
- Effects of resveratrol on inflammatory markers [ Time Frame: 40 days ]
- Effects of resveratrol on the fertilization rate. [ Time Frame: 40 days ]
- Effects of resveratrol on the pregnancy rate. [ Time Frame: 40 days ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01782911
|Madrid, Spain, 28023|