Effects of Weight Loss on Foot Structure and Function in Obese Adults: A Pilot Study (WLF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01782144|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 1, 2013
Last Update Posted : February 1, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Obesity||Other: NutriSystem portion-controlled pre-packaged meals|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||41 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Crossover Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Effect of Weight Loss on Foot Structure and Function in Obese Adults: A Pilot Study|
|Study Start Date :||January 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||September 2011|
|Study Completion Date :||September 2011|
Active Comparator: NutriSystem
weekly behavior group weight loss education
|Other: NutriSystem portion-controlled pre-packaged meals|
Placebo Comparator: Education
monthly behavior group weight loss education
- Walking speed [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Change in walking speed at 3 month
- Postural stability [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Change in Fall Risk Test Score as measured by the BioDex Balance System.
- Peak plantar pressure [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Change in dynamic peak plantar pressure during barefoot walking.
- Instruments of pain and disability [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Change in answers on the following questionnaires: Revised Foot Function Index, the Medical Outcomes Study Short Form 36 (SF-36), Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index.
- Arch Height Drop [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Change in arch height in standing compared to sitting
- Activities of Daily Living [ Time Frame: 3 months ]Change in 50' walk time and pain, stair ascend/descend time and pain, and sit-to-stand.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01782144
|United States, Pennsylvania|
|Gait Study Center|
|Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19107|
|Principal Investigator:||Jinsup Song, DPM, PhD||Temple University|