Calf Muscle Atrophy After Achilles Tendon Rupture. A Clinical-Radiological-Biomechanical Multicenter Study.
This study has been completed.
Hospital Fribourg, Switzerland
Hospital Liestal, Switzerland
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Claudio Rosso, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
First received: January 25, 2013
Last updated: NA
Last verified: January 2013
History: No changes posted
Multicenter Achilles tendon study Switzerland. Comparing three mainstream treatment types: open, percutaneous and conservative (non-operative) treatments.
Comparing force torque measurements, muscle volume and clinical scores.
||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Retrospective
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Muscle Volume [ Time Frame: at least 3 years after injury ]
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||July 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||20 Years to 65 Years (Adult)
|Sexes Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Age 20-65 years
- BMI < 40
- no injury to leg
- no injury on contralateral leg
- 20-65 years of age,
- a healthy, contralateral leg
- physiological, clinically determined alignment of the knee, foot and ankle
- no trauma to the healthy leg
- no neuromuscular impairments including muscle dystrophies
- no other posttraumatic injuries or osteoarthritis of the knee, foot or ankle of the affected leg.
- re-rupture or reoperation of the Achilles tendon
- surgical site infection
- neuromuscular diseases including muscle dystrophies
- ankle valgus of more than 15° or ankle varus of more than 5°
- other known pathologies of the non-affected leg
- general MRI exclusion criteria (e.g. pacemaker, other metal not qualifying for an MRI, tattoos and claustrophobia)
- body mass index (BMI) of > 40 kg/m2
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
No Contacts or Locations Provided
||Claudio Rosso, Claudio Rosso MD MSc, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||January 25, 2013
||January 25, 2013
Keywords provided by University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland:
Achilles tendon, muscle volume, Achilles tendon length, force, ATRS, Hannover, AOFAS
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on February 24, 2017
Wounds and Injuries