Aortopathy in Persons With Bicuspid Aortic Valve, Turner and Marfan Syndrome
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01760668|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 4, 2013
Last Update Posted : May 24, 2016
The study aim is:
- To examine aortic tissue by light microscopy
- To examine aortic tissue by electron microscopy
- To study changes in the epigenome and transcriptome of the X chromosome specific to aortic tissue.
- To examine aortic tissue using biochemistry including proteomics.
- To establish the karyotype of fibroblasts with standard chromosome examination on 10 meta-phases as well as by fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) with probes covering the X and Y chromosome. Using the latter 200 meta-phases will be examined.
30 controls who did not die from aortic dissection or dilation will be recruited from The Department of Forensic Medicine at Aarhus University Hospital.
The investigators will subject samples of aortic tissue from women undergoing prophylactic aortic surgery due to either Marfan syndrome or bicuspid aortic valve to the same panel of examinations (except karyotyping). Lastly the investigators will compare the results from the three groups (Turner syndrome, Marfan syndrome and Bicuspid aortic valve).
|Condition or disease|
|Turner Syndrome Bicuspid Aortic Valve Marfan Syndrome|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||5 participants|
|Official Title:||Aortopathy in Persons With Bicuspid Aortic Valve, Turner and Marfan Syndrome|
|Study Start Date :||February 2013|
|Primary Completion Date :||October 2015|
|Study Completion Date :||October 2015|
Turner syndrome (TS)
TS verified by genotyping Age > 18 years awaiting operation due to aortic dilation
Marfan syndrome (MS)
Females with MS verified clinically or by genotyping Age > 18 years awaiting operation due to aortic dilation
Bicuspid aortic valve
females with bicuspid aortic valve Age > 18 years awaiting operation due to aortic dilation
Men/females who died from conditions other than aortic dilation or dissection. Age 20-60 years.
- Histone modifications [ Time Frame: Cross sectional ]Permissive and repressive histone modifications on the X-chromosome
- mRNA and non-coding RNAs [ Time Frame: Cross sectional ]Identification of the entire transcriptome including both mRNA and non-coding RNAs (lincRNA as well as miRNA)from the X-chromosome
- DNA-methylations of CpG-islands [ Time Frame: Cross sectional ]mapping DNA-methylations of CpG-islands
- Electron microscopic evaluation [ Time Frame: Cross sectional ]
- Karyotyping by FISH and conventional karyotyping [ Time Frame: Cross sectional ]
- Proteomics [ Time Frame: Cross sectional ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01760668
|Department of Endocrinology and Internal medicine|
|Aarhus C, Denmark, 8000|
|Principal Investigator:||Christian Trolle||Aarhus University Hospital|
|Study Director:||Claus H Gravholt, MD, Ph.d.||Aarhus University Hospital|