Multidrug Blister Pack Study
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01759095|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (Difficulties with patient recruitement)
First Posted : January 2, 2013
Last Update Posted : April 9, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Any Event Leading to Hospitalisation||Device: Electronic multidrug blister pack|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||11 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||Electronic Multidrug Blister Packs to Improve Clinical and Humanistic Outcomes in Patients After Hospital Discharge|
|Study Start Date :||January 2013|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2014|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2014|
No Intervention: Control
At hospital discharge, patients of the control group will receive usual care at their community pharmacy.
|Experimental: Electronic Multidrug Blister Pack||
Device: Electronic multidrug blister pack
At hospital discharge, patients will get their prescribed drugs repackaged in an electronic multidrug blister pack with 7x4 cavities. The electronic film affixed on the rear side measures the date and time when a loop is broken, i.e. when a cavity is emptied. Patients will get feedback on their adherence profiles at the community pharmacy.
- Time to rehospitalisation + time to major therapy adjustment [ Time Frame: 12 months ]The outcome measure will be assessed at 3, 6, and 12 months.
- Medication Possession Ratio [ Time Frame: 12 months ]MPR will be assessed at 3, 6, and 12 months.
- Timing and taking adherence according to the electronic monitoring system and through patient self report [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Electronic monitoring will be continuous over 12 months. Patient self report will be assessed at 3, 6, and 12 months.
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Quality of life will be assessed at 3, 6, and 12 months.
- Patient satisfaction [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01759095
|Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland, 4056|
|Study Chair:||Kurt E Hersberger, Prof PhD||University of Basel|