Physiopathological Study of Autonomic Failure in Parkinson's Disease (SYNAPark)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01748409|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 12, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 5, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Parkinson's Disease||Other: Biopsies of peripheral autonomic nervous system Other: Autonomic dysfunction questionnaires Other: Electrophysiological tests||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||47 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Physiopathological Study of Autonomic Failure in Parkinson's Disease : a Monocentric Study|
|Study Start Date :||February 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2016|
- Other: Biopsies of peripheral autonomic nervous system
- Other: Autonomic dysfunction questionnaires
Other Name: a battery of questionaries to evaluate autonomic neurological patient complaints and dysfunctions.
- Other: Electrophysiological tests
Other Name: A battery of electrophysiological tests to assess neurological functions
- Evaluate association between clinical autonomic failure and neuropathological autonomic failure on biopsies. [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
the main objective is to look after associations between :
- anatomopathological signs of autonomic nervous system disorders seen on biopsies AND
- clinical signs of signs of autonomic nervous system disorders seen through functional tests or through symptoms indicated by the patient on questionaries.
- Evaluate association between autonomic failure and severity factors in Parkinson's disease [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
Autonomic failure will be assessed through questionaries on symptoms and through functional tests.
Severity factors in parkinson disease will refer to various parameters like patient age.
- Evaluate consequences of autonomic failure on quality of life and sleep quality [ Time Frame: 3 months ]quality of life and of sleep will be assessed through functional tests and through questionaries.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01748409
|Nantes Universitary Hospital|
|Nantes, Loire Atlantique, France, 44093|