Physiopathological Study of Autonomic Failure in Parkinson's Disease (SYNAPark)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01748409|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 12, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 5, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Parkinson's Disease||Other: Biopsies of peripheral autonomic nervous system Other: Autonomic dysfunction questionnaires Other: Electrophysiological tests||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||47 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Physiopathological Study of Autonomic Failure in Parkinson's Disease : a Monocentric Study|
|Study Start Date :||February 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2016|
Other: Biopsies of peripheral autonomic nervous system
Other: Autonomic dysfunction questionnaires
- Evaluate association between clinical autonomic failure and neuropathological autonomic failure on biopsies. [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
the main objective is to look after associations between :
- anatomopathological signs of autonomic nervous system disorders seen on biopsies AND
- clinical signs of signs of autonomic nervous system disorders seen through functional tests or through symptoms indicated by the patient on questionaries.
- Evaluate association between autonomic failure and severity factors in Parkinson's disease [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
Autonomic failure will be assessed through questionaries on symptoms and through functional tests.
Severity factors in parkinson disease will refer to various parameters like patient age.
- Evaluate consequences of autonomic failure on quality of life and sleep quality [ Time Frame: 3 months ]quality of life and of sleep will be assessed through functional tests and through questionaries.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01748409
|Nantes Universitary Hospital|
|Nantes, Loire Atlantique, France, 44093|