Treatment of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection (RUTI) by Traditional Chinese Medicine
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01745328|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified December 2012 by Beijing Institute of Disease Control and Prevention.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : December 10, 2012
Last Update Posted : December 10, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection||Drug: LVX-AMX Drug: TCM|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||150 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Study on Treatment of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection by Traditional Chinese Medicine|
|Study Start Date :||January 2009|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 2013|
Active Comparator: LVX-AMX
subject is treated with LAV-AMX, then followed by placebo.
Subjects were treated with Levofloxacin, 200mg bid, Amoxicillin, 500mg tid for 1 week, followed by 3 week of placebo.
Other Name: Levofloxacin, 200mg bid, Amoxicillin, 500mg tidDrug: LVX-AMX
treatment with placebo from 2 to 4 weeks.
Other Name: placebo from 2 to 4 weeks.
Active Comparator: TCM treatment
subject is treated with TCM
Subject is treated with TCM for 4 weeks.
Other Name: TCM formula consisted of 10 herbals
- Recovery of recurrent urinary tract infection [ Time Frame: 4 weeks after study drug start ]Patients are checked at 4 weeks at the end of the treatment to confirm recovery of RUTI.
- Urinary albumin [ Time Frame: 4 weeks after drug start ]Urinary albumin is checked in patient urine.
- WBC conversion [ Time Frame: 4 weeks after drug start ]Check the WBC count in patient urine.
- Urination frequency [ Time Frame: 4 weeks after drug start ]Checked for urination frequency at 4 weeks after drug start.
- Recurrence [ Time Frame: 6 months after drug start ]Patients are checked for recurrence rate at 6 months after drug start by telephone interview.
- urgency [ Time Frame: 4 weeks after drug start ]Check urgency 4 weeks after drug start
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01745328
|Contact: Shiwei Liu, Drfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beijing, Beijing, China, 100020|
|Contact: Shiwei Liu, Dr 86-10-84739029 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Shiwei Liu, Dr|
|Principal Investigator:||Zeliang Chen, Dr||Insititute of Disease Control and Prevention|