First-line Pomalidomide, Bortezomib, and Dexamethasone For AL Amyloidosis or LCDD
Light Chain Deposition Disease
Primary Systemic Amyloidosis
Other: Laboratory Biomarker Analysis
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Phase I Study of Pomalidomide, Bortezomib, and Dexamethasone (PVD) as First-Line Treatment of AL Amyloidosis or Light Chain Deposition Disease|
- Maximum tolerated dose defined as the dose level before 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) using National Cancer Institute (NCI) Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) version 4.0 [ Time Frame: 28 days ]
- Complete hematologic response rate (hCR) [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days ]Will be estimated and reported with 95% confidence intervals.
- Overall hematologic response rate (partial response [PR] + complete response [CR]) [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days ]
- Organ response rates (heart, liver, kidney) [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days ]Organ responses will be tabulated and reported for all patients with cardiac, renal, hepatic, and/or neurologic involvement by amyloidosis.
- Overall survival [ Time Frame: From date of registration to date of death, assessed up to 28 days ]Will be estimated and reported with 95% confidence interval.
- Progression free survival [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days ]Will be estimated and reported with 95% confidence interval.
|Study Start Date:||March 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||June 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: Treatment (pomalidomide, bortezomib, and dexamethasone)
Patients receive pomalidomide PO on days 1-21; bortezomib IV or SC on days 1, 8, and 15; and dexamethasone PO on days 1, 8, 15, and 22. Courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Other Name: CC-4047Drug: bortezomib
Other Names:Drug: dexamethasone
Other Names:Other: Laboratory Biomarker Analysis
I. Establish the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of the combination of pomalidomide, bortezomib, and dexamethasone (PVD) to take forward in a subsequent phase 2 study.
I. Obtain a preliminary assessment of efficacy of PVD regimen as initial treatment of amyloid light-chain (AL) or light chain deposition disease (LCDD).
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study of pomalidomide and bortezomib.
Patients receive pomalidomide orally (PO) on days 1-21; bortezomib intravenously (IV) on days 1, 8, and 15; and dexamethasone PO on days 1, 8, 15, and 22. Courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed up at least every 3 months.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01728259
|United States, Colorado|
|Colorado Blood Cancer Institute||Recruiting|
|Denver, Colorado, United States, 80218|
|Contact: Jeffrey V. Matous 720-754-4800 Jeffrey.Matous@HealthONEcares.com|
|Principal Investigator: Jeffrey V. Matous|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Boston University School of Medicine||Recruiting|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02118-2393|
|Contact: Vaishali Sanchorawala 617-638-7523 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Vaishali Sanchorawala|
|United States, Michigan|
|Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute||Recruiting|
|Detroit, Michigan, United States, 48201|
|Contact: Jeffrey A. Zonder 313-576-9363 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Jeffrey A. Zonder|
|United States, North Carolina|
|Duke University Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Durham, North Carolina, United States, 27710|
|Contact: Cristina Gasparetto 919-668-1017 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Cristina Gasparetto|
|Princess Margaret Cancer Centre||Recruiting|
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2M9|
|Contact: Vishal Kukreti 416-946-4501 ext 4566 Vishal.Kukreti@uhn.ca|
|Principal Investigator: Vishal Kukreti|
|Principal Investigator:||Jeffrey Zonder||Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute|